Real Estate Law
Real estate plays a key function in our economy. BCF’s Real Estate team represents investors, property owners, developers, brokerage firms, financial institutions, and asset and fund managers in their most ambitious real estate projects.
Our team applies its practical and legal knowledge of traditional and alternative financing, as well as its corporate, tax, environmental, and municipal law expertise to provide strategic guidance and solutions to its real estate clients. We design property rights structures and conduct transactional due diligence. We routinely negotiate agreements for the acquisition or disposition of assets and property rights. BCF understands our real estate clients’ operational risks and challenges. Our solutions ensure the success of their projects as a whole.
- The owners of three retirement homes in Moncton, New Brunswick, in their sale to Moncton Retirement Limited Partnership controlled by Hillcore Real Estate Investments Ltd.
- Batipart Immo Internationale s.a.r.l. in the acquisition by its Canadian subsidiary of an equity stake in Cogir Real Estate.
- The shareholders of the Montreal brokerage firm, Montréal Real Estate Group Inc., in the sale of their shares to Colliers International.
Trudel Alliance s.e.c. in the acquisition of the Place Fleur de Lys shopping centre in Quebec City.
Delta Star, as Canadian counsel, in its acquisition of a factory in Quebec from Alstom.
- Centria Capital Real Estate Investment Fund I, LP in connection with commercial agreements with Groupe Huot for the purpose of creating real estate partnerships for leasing projects in the Quebec City area.
- Centria Capital Real Estate Investment Fund I, LP in connection with commercial agreements with other partners for the purpose of creating partnerships to develop real estate projects in the Montreal downtown core.