Managing Partner, Lawyer
Managing Partner at BCF, Julie’s vision, drive, and boldness enable her to seize every window of opportunity, however small, for our clients’ benefit.
Since joining BCF more than 25 years ago, she has successfully advised hundreds of companies on mergers and acquisitions and major equity financing deals, particularly in the food, retail, engineering, construction, and real estate development sectors. Her dedication to BCF and excellent work led to her appointment as Managing Partner in August 2023.
Julie is a skilled negotiator and accomplished businesswoman who has helped retail giants close large-scale deals. She also regularly assists developers and funders in both residential and commercial real estate projects and property acquisitions. Drawing from her extensive involvement in the business community, Julie is able to provide strategic advice to each and every one of her clients.
Julie is a natural leader and has been a member of the firm’s executive committee for the past 8 years. Working closely with the multidisciplinary legal teams she assembles, she excels in closing the deals entrusted to her and her team. She has been involved in recruitment at BCF for many years and has a remarkable talent for finding and attracting the best up-and-coming talent. She is also actively involved in training and evaluating the firm’s lawyers.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1998)
- LL.B., Université Laval (1997)
- Best lawyers in Canada (2024) – Mergers and Acquisitions Law and Project Finance
- Canadian Legal Lexpert (2021-2023) - Corporate Commercial Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert : Special edition (2020) - Agribusiness and Cannabis
- Canadian Legal Lexpert (2020) - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acted on behalf of PayFacto Payments Inc. in the equity investment of up to C$150 million led by private equity firm Flexpoint Ford with participation from BMO Capital Partners;
- Acted on behalf of Roxboro BauVal Group Inc., a leader in the construction and civil engineering industry in Quebec, in its merger with Panzini Demolition Inc. and M.E. Tremblay Demolition Inc;
- $700 million real estate project named Maestria led by developer Devimco in the heart of Montreal’s Quartier des spectacles;
- Represented the shareholders of Foliot Inc. and Foliot International Inc., companies that specialize in the design and manufacture of high-quality furniture for the hotel and school-accommodation sectors, as part of Novacap’s acquisition of a majority stake, alongside the existing management team and Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ) in 2019;
- Sale of Just for Laughs Group to a consortium of investors including Bell Media, Montreal Canadiens, Evenko and ICM Partners in June 2018;
- Legal advisors of Groupe Luminaires inc. as part of the sale to Sentinel Capital Partners, LLLC of the company operated by its subsidiaries Eureka Lighting Inc., Cyclone Lighting Inc., Eureka Lighting USA Inc. and Amerillum LLC in Canada and the United States, June 2016;
- Acquisition of Fordia Group Inc. by Epiroc AB, a Stockholm-based enterprise;
- Merger of Preco Fondations, subsidiary of Roxboro Excavation inc., and MSE Group to create PRECO-MSE;
- Legal advisors of Cogir immobilier in partnership with Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ, within the framework of the $200,000,000 Humaniti real estate development project, of a complex located at the corner of the streets of Bleury;
- Commercial agreements between Fiera FP II Capital Real Estate Investment Fund and other partners for the purpose of creating partnerships to develop real estate projects in the Montreal downtown core;
- Acquisition of Distech Controls Inc. by Acuity Brands Inc. for a price of $318,000,000;
- Transactions whereby Metro acquired a majority stake in Marché Adonis, a major Mediterranean food retailer in Montreal, and in its distributor, Phoenicia Products
Hosted a panel for the unveiling of Prospera, the Quebec Economic Barometer.
At Northwind’s 21 st Annual Law Leaders Invitational Forum, moderated a discussion on mental health and wellness
At Open Forum Ouvert: Strategy Day on Real Estate and Urban Development, hosted a panel discussion on real estate development projects of the future
Host of a panel for the UDI, “Mixed use: challenges and opportunities”
Co-president of the full-day Strategic Planning Session on Real Estate & Urban Development (Open Forum)
CREW Lunch Conference – Moderated a panel on the Solar Uniquartier Project
“Ownership of Real Estate, Canadian Tax”
“The Different Types of Development Partnerships, Agreements and Associations Available to Help you Reach your Objectives”
“The Particularities Related to the Financing of Construction and Real Estate Development Projects in Quebec”
2013 and 2014
“Earnout Provisions in Business Purchase and Sale Agreements – Legal Considerations”
“Corporate Consolidation: Amalgamation vs. Liquidation – Legal Aspects”
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- Honorary co-chair of the 19th Fondation Jeunes en Têtes Valentine’s Day Ball;
- 2018 CREW Montreal finalist in the category Excellence in Leadership;
- Member of the board of directors of the Fondation Jean Béliveau since 2018;
- Participation in the Cabaret sur le Mont-Royal evening in aid of Fondation Papillon for disabled children, in September 2016;
- Fundraiser for the Marie-Vincent Foundation since 2015, and a performer in the Marvin on the Rock event;
- Representative of the firm in connection with the Justicia Project, an initiative designed to keep women in private practice.