1100 René-Lévesque Blvd. West
Montreal, Quebec H3B 5C9
CANADA 514 397-8500 514 397-8515 firstname.lastname@example.org
A partner at BCF, Alain Castonguay co-leads our Real Estate Law group. He specializes in the financing, acquisition and sale of commercial, industrial and multi-unit residential buildings, as well as major multi-use real estate development projects.
With over 35 years of experience, Alain is one of the most recognized notaries in real estate law. He advises both large developers, local and international entrepreneurs and major institutional investors on many of the largest and most complex real estate transactions in Quebec. He drafts and negotiates a variety of contracts and agreements related to real estate and to successions. He is also a member of the Wealth Protection and Mergers and Acquisitions groups.
Alain has actively participated in a variety of professional organisations. He was a member of the board of directors of the Association de planification fiscale et financière and an active member of the Chambre des notaires du Québec. He has published several articles in the Revue du Barreau.
- D.D.N., Université de Montreal (1979)
- LL.L., Université de Montreal (1978)
- Has participated, on behalf of the federal government (Department of Justice), to the acquisition by the Department of Public Works of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) headquarters in Montréal;
- He was involved, on behalf of the federal government (Department of Justice), in the acquisition by the Department of Public Works, of the headquarters of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), in Montréal;
- Legal counsel for Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ and Cogir Real Estate,in the real estate development project of Humaniti, a mixed-use complex located in the area bounded by Viger Ave. and De Bleury, De La Gauchetière and Hermine streets;
- He was involved, on behalf of the partnership, in the acquisition and development of the real estate project at the site of the former Montreal Children’s Hospital;
- He was involved, on behalf of the partnership, in the acquisition and development of the Solar Uniquartier real estate project in Quartier Dix30;
- He was involved, on behalf of the partnership, in the acquisition and development of the Maestria real estate project, in the Quartier des spectacles;
- He was involved, on behalf the promoter, in the acquisition and financing of the Carré Saint-Laurent project, on the corner of Saint-Laurent Boulevard and Sainte-Catherine Street;
- Acquisition by LM Financial of a 30% stake in the Bell Media Tower, located on McGill College Avenue in Montréal;
- Legal counsel for Québec, in the acquisition from Pouteqadea Canada Inc., of the building located at 777, Sainte-Catherine Street West, on the corner of McGill College Avenue, in Montréal;
- Acquisition of Hôpital Notre-Dame by the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux du Centre-Sud-de-L’île-de-Montréal;
- Acquisition by the Acquilini Group, of the Îlot Voyageur property, located on the block bounded by Berri, Ontario East and Saint-Hubert streets, in Montréal.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Urban Development Institute of Québec
- Very active in his professional community, Alain has gotten involved in various organizations since the beginning of his career. He has been a member of the board of directors of the Association de planification fiscale et financière. He has also published articles in the Revue du Barreau and was a member of the committee of the Chambre des notaires du Québec in charge of preparing a factum to be submitted to the Government of Quebec.