Recognized as being one of the best real estate practitioners in Canada, Laurent Roy specializes namely in files involving land assembly and the acquisition and sale of real estate (industrial buildings, multi-unit residential properties and shopping centres) as well as their financing and commercial leasing. On a regular basis, he advises clients on the negotiation and drafting of offers to lease and lease agreements in the context of shopping centre development and on real estate purchase and sale agreements. His practice also includes negotiating and drafting various other real estate agreements.
Noted for the excellence of his practice in The Best Lawyers in Canada, in Who’s Who Legal, Chambers Global and the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Laurent is a member of both the Canadian Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He is also a member of the Organizing Committee of the Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute of Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
Before joining BCF Business Law as a consulting partner, Laurent was a partner in a large Montreal law firm.
- Diploma in notarial studies, University of Ottawa (1976)
- LL.B., University of Ottawa (1975)
- B.A., University of Ottawa (1972)
- Best Lawyers in Canada (2016-2019) - Real Estate Law
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers (2015)
- Chambers Canada, Québec (2016) - Real Estate Law
- Chambers Global (2015) - Real Estate Law
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers (2014-2015)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada (2013-2014) - Recognised for the excellence of his practice
- International Who's Who of Real Estate Lawyers (2013)
- Québec counsel to Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust in the acquisition of Le Nordelec Property for an amount of 153,500,000;
- Québec counsel to Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust in the acquisition of the Redbourne Portfolio for an amount of 55,000,000 (including the assumption of the existing balance of CDPQ’s hypothecary loan);
- Québec counsel to Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust in the refinancing of its Cité du Multimédia portfolio in Montréal through a $172,500,000 credit facility made available by Otéra Capital;
- Québec counsel to True North Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust in its acquisition of a portfolio of 127 residential properties in Montréal, Québec for a purchase price of approximately $121 million;
- Counsel to Sobeys in its purchase of 236 Shell retail gas locations and related convenience store operations in Québec and Atlantic Canada;
- Counsel to InterRent Real Estate Investment Trust in its acquisition of an apartment complex in Aylmer, Québec for a purchase price of approximately $29 million;
- Québec counsel to Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust in its $242 million acquisition of Cité du Multimédia in Montréal, an office complex comprising close to 1 million square feet of office spaceInvolvement.
- Association du Barreau américain;
- Association du Barreau canadien;
- Comité organisateur de la conférence annuelle Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute, Faculté de droit, Université de Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)