Annie-Claude Trudeau practises in the areas of Civil and Commercial Litigation, and Media, Entertainment and Technology Law. She regularly pleads before the courts, both in Trial Division and the Court of Appeal.
Annie-Claude is the holder of a Bachelor of Civil Law (2009) and a Juris Doctor in Common Law (2010) from the University of Ottawa, where she graduated with distinction. Her thesis investigated the copyrights and virtual library technology of Google Books. Annie-Claude completed her practical training with a national firm that is renowned for its excellent services. She is a member of the Barreau du Québec.
She also holds a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Ottawa (2006), a certificate in Chinese Law from Beijing’s China University of Politics and Law (2008), and she has studied journalism at Université de Montréal.
In 2009, she won the Canadian Bar Association’s Law School Essay Competition, where she analyzed class action suits in the health care sector. From 2006 to 2009, she worked with a team of lawyers on the management of a major class action suit related to the health care sector in Quebec.
Annie-Claude is very involved in the legal sector. In 2011, she co-founded Faits et Causes, a legal analysis and current affairs journal. She was nominated for a young entrepreneur award for this initiative in 2013. She also supported a non-profit organization that fights for access to justice. Accordingly, she was assigned to implement a low-cost legal service for the exclusive use of artists. Annie-Claude was also responsible for the oral debate radio program, Droit de Cité, for the 2013-2014 season - a co-production between the Barreau du Québec and CIBL 101.5 FM. In addition, she served as a reporter on the MaTV program, AVOSCAS.
She was elected as a member of the board of the Young Bar of Montreal for 2018-2019, a third consecutive term. Annie-Claude is also the Administrator of the Young Bar of Montreal’s Information Technology Committee (ITC) and the Director of the annual LEGAL IT conference. For 2018-2019, she is in charge of the Public Affairs Committee.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2013)
- Juris Doctor (Common Law), Ottawa University (2010)
- L.L.L., Ottawa University (2009)
- Certificate in Chinese Law, China University of Political Science (2008)
- B.A. Political Science, University of Ottawa (2006)
- Canadian Bar Association (2009) - Laureate of the Law School Essay Competition
« Le droit d’auteur et la faillite : un conflit de lois à régler au plus vite »
Le Devoir, November 25, 2014
- Young Bar of Montréal
- Barreau du Québec
- Member of the Association des avocats du Québec
- Member of the Association des juristes pour l’avancement de la vie artistique (AJAVA)
- Director, Young Bar of Montreal;
- Young Bar of Montreal Information Technology Committee Administrator (2016-2017, 2017-2018);
- Young Bar of Montreal Public Affairs Committee;
- Founder and editor-in-chief, Faits et Causes.