With more than 10 years of experience working for a number of major accounting firms, Mehrez Houacine specialises in the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisation, business transfers, and key-employee stock incentive plans. Known for his rigour, technical abilities and listening skills, Mehrez helps SMEs and their leaders by offering tax solutions that are tailored to their needs.
Over the years, Mehrez has developed sound business relationships with his clientele in a wide range of activity sectors.
Mehrez is also involved in the tax community. More specifically, he is a member of the Canadian Tax Foundation and of the Association de planification financière et fiscale (APFF), where he participates by publishing articles and giving lectures.
- LL.M., Université de Montréal, Master of Laws, specialisation in taxation (2015)
- Member of the Order of CPAs (2012)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, HEC, Montreal (2009)
« Enjeux fiscaux à l’ère du numérique, »
Stratège, vol. 19, number 3, June 2014.
- Sale of a pharmaceutical company to a European group;
- Corporate reorganisation to ensure group shareholders that all assets would be protected;
- Transfer of a manufacturing company to key employees;
- Implementation of a financing structure for an IT company;
- Implementation of an international structure for a company in the entertainment industry;
Acquisition of a company in the automotive parts distribution sector.
"Liste de contrôle pour une vente d’actifs," Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)
- Member of the Quebec CPA Order
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member of the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)