- Master’s degree in Intellectual Property at the Université de Droit d'Économie et des Sciences d'Aix-Marseille (2005)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1999)
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (1998)
French version is available here.
Pierre-Philippe Taché practices corporate and commercial law.
Pierre-Philippe’s practice is focussed primarily in the mid-market sector. He is recognized for his business acumen and ability to understand and communicate complex issues, and his dedication, practicality and sense of creativity have earned the praise of his clients.
Pierre-Philippe provides entrepreneurs with support at every stage of the development of their business—from incorporation and shareholder agreements to commercial agreements, employee incentives, joint ventures and partnerships, financing and mergers and acquisitions.
Pierre-Philippe’s intellectual property and tax background, in particular, make it possible for him to assist clients in acquiring a clearer and more comprehensive understanding of the challenges at stake and in getting the appropriate specialists involved at just the right time.
Pierre-Philippe earned his Bachelor of Law degree from the Université de Montréal in 1998. He joined BCF in 2005, after launching his career with a boutique firm specializing in tax law and completing a Master’s degree in intellectual property in France.
- “Incorporation d’une entreprise”, (with Etienne Retson Brisson), Taxation course offered by the Association de planification fiscale et financière, Montreal, September 17, 2012.
- "Unanimous shareholders agreements", Conference on the importance of a shareholders agreement and the standard clauses usually contained in these agreements.
- "Redemption of shares of an incapacitated shareholder", Conference about various redemption mechanisms of the shares of an incapacitated shareholder and their tax consequences.
- "Mechanisms and tax consequences of the redemption of shares upon death", Conference about the various mechanisms of share redemption upon the death of a shareholder and their tax consequences.
Mr. Taché teaches a course on incorporation as part of the continuing education program offered by the Association de planification fiscale et financière.
He teaches business law at the École du Barreau du Québec.
Lecturer (commercial transactions) at the Faculty of Law of the Université de Montréal.
- "Répartition équitable du patrimoine familial", Revue Action Canada-France, La relève d’entreprise, September 2012.