Éric Orlup specializes in construction, insurance and shareholders disputes and advises on obtaining injunctions and prosecuting claims for reputational damage. He regularly represents clients in intellectual property litigation and labour conflicts. Éric has developed a particular expertise in complex technical litigation involving numerous experts.
Clients from various industries also turn to Éric to obtain legal opinions and avoid potential disputes. He pleads regularly before arbitration tribunals and Quebec civil courts, such as the Superior Court and the Quebec Court of Appeal. Lexpert has ranked him as a leader in construction law.
Éric graduated with honours from the Université de Laval. He won the Laskin Moot Court National competition in Toronto and received the Lieutenant Governor’s Prize from Barreau de Québec for both academic results and social involvement.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2004)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2003)
- Best Lawyers in Canada (2022) - Lawyer of the Year in Construction Law
- Best Lawyers (2022-2023) - Construction Law; Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Canadian Legal Lexpert : Special edition (2020-2022) - Infrastructure
- Canadian Legal Lexpert (2017-2022) - Construction Law; Litigation - Corporate Commercial