Executive Summaries Jun 12, 2020
Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Priority to Certain Occupations Considered Essential
Effective June 10, 2020 and until further notice, the Temporary Foreign Worker Program is prioritizing certain occupations which are considered essential during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The listed occupations below are being prioritized, as well as being waived from the minimum recruitment requirements in Quebec:
- 3012 - Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3111 - Specialist physicians
- 3112 - General practitioners and family physicians
- 3124 - Allied primary health practitioners
- 3131 - Pharmacists
- 3211 - Medical laboratory technologists 9463- Fish and seafood plant workers
- 3212 - Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
- 3214 - Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- 3219 - Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health)
- 3233 - Licensed practical nurses
- 3237 - Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- 3413 - Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- 3414 - Other assisting occupations in support of health services
- 6731 - Light duty cleaners
- 6331- Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers-retail and wholesale
- 8252- Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
- 8431- General Farm Workers
- 8432- Nursery and Greenhouse Workers
- 8611- Harvesting labourers
- 9462- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
- 9463- Fish and seafood plant workers
- 9617- Labourers in food, beverage and associated products processing
- 9618- Labourers in fish and seafood processing
The program is prioritizing the following occupation and not waiving the minimum recruitment requirements:
- 7511 - Transport truck drivers
For a list of occupations specific to the other provinces and territories, please refer to Hire a temporary worker through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
We invite you to contact our International Mobility team if you have any questions.
Subscribe to our communications and benefit from our market knowledge to identify new business opportunities, learn about innovative best practices and receive the latest developments. Discover our exclusive thought leadership and events.