Stéphan Charles-Grenon co-leads the Litigation group of BCF’s Quebec City office. He specialises in commercial and corporate litigation helping clients to make the right decisions at the right time. Pragmatic, efficient and results-oriented, he knows how to adapt to the needs of the entrepreneurs he supports in order to ensure that the legal issues converge with the clients’ commercial issues.
Stéphan has a particular interest in shareholder litigation, unfair competition, extraordinary relief, and class actions. He serves as a mediator in civil and commercial cases. He represents financial institutions and trustees in bankruptcy as well as public institutions and other companies involved in major reorganizations and restructurings.
Before joining BCF, Stéphan ran his own firm. He is frequently called upon to lecture on his areas of expertise, especially to accounting firms.
- Mediator civil and commercial (1999)
- D.E.S.S. distribution et concurrence internationales, Maine, Le Mans France (1992)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1990)
- LL.B., Université Laval (1989)
- Best Lawyers (2020-2021) - Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Has acquired significant expertise in shareholder litigation and unfair competition, as well as extraordinary relief;
- Successfully counselled a major provincial petroleum distributor against a multinational in unfair competition injunction proceedings ;
- Successfully counselled a major importer against a Quebec manufacturer in unfair competition proceedings;
- Has repeatedly counselled shareholders, as plaintiffs as well as defendants, in litigation under the laws of Quebec and Canada on joint stock companies;
- Intervened several times in the strategic planning prior of the occurrence of litigation.
October 28, 2009
Conference on insolvency, restructuring and bankruptcy, Canadian Institute
Various conferences at accounting firms