- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2007)
- B.C.L., McGill University (2006)
- LL.B., McGill University (2006)
French version is available here.
Frédéric Côté is part of the litigation group. He advises and represents various clients, principally in matters involving contractual disputes before trial and appellate courts as well as before domestic and international arbitration tribunals. Mr. Côté acquired particular knowledge in relation to consensual arbitration issues and the drafting of proceedings filed before both the Court of Appeal of Quebec and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Mr. Côté also acts as a teaching assistant for consensual arbitration classes offered by the Université de Montréal and Université de Sherbrooke. He participates in the revision of articles published in the Revue d’arbitrage et de médiation.
- "Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in Canada," 2008 Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers in Canada (in collaboration with Éric Ouimet).
- Frédéric participated closely in the preparation of L’arbitrage consensuel au Québec by Babak Barin and Marie-Claude Rigaud published by the Éditions Yvon Blais, 2010. He also assisted in the preparation of articles by the same authors.
- Co-counsel for the Council for the Arbitration of Accounts of Advocates of the Barreau du Québec in matters concerning the type of recourses that should be exercised to contest the arbitration awards rendered in the arbitrations of accounts of professionals (Superior Court of Quebec, Court of Appeal of Quebec, Supreme Court of Canada (leave to appeal)).
- Co-counsel for the Société d’investissements l’Excellence inc. in a matter concerning the existence of an implied duty of confidentiality in consensual arbitrations (Superior Court of Quebec, Court of Appeal of Quebec, Supreme Court of Canada (leave to appeal)).
- Co-counsel for the Barreau du Québec, the Federation of Law Societies of Canada and ADR Chambers in interventions before the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Member of the legal team having represented Louis Drefus S.A.S. in major ICC arbitrations concerning interests in a European refinery and in the proceedings concerning the annulment of the awards having resulted from these arbitrations (ICC arbitration tribunals, Superior Court of Quebec, Court of Appeal of Quebec).
- Member of the legal team having represented a Canadian gas company before a domestic arbitral tribunal.
- Member of the legal team having represented a public biotechnology company in an ICC arbitration.
- Mr. Côté has also worked in close relationship with Transat A.T.’s legal affairs department, assisting the management team of the company and its affiliates in relation to the drafting and negotiation of various commercial agreements as well as in relation to certain regulatory issues. He also represented the company and its affiliates in various disputes.
- Barreau du Québec
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP)