Antoine Leduc Hosts Brian Mulroney at the CBA-QuebecJune 18th, 2015
The traditional Dîner Présidentiel attracts leading figures in Montreal.
The Canadian Bar Association Quebec Branch, of which BCF partner and lawyer Antoine Leduc is the president, held its traditional Dîner Présidentiel on June 3rd and the event was a great success. Among its invitees, CBA-Quebec had the privilege of hosting the Right Honourable Brian Mulroney, former Prime Minister of Canada. Mr. Mulroney gave a speech titled [translation]: “Quebec’s role within Canada, and Canada’s role in the world in the 21st century”. Quebec’s Justice Minister Stéphanie Vallée also spoke in front of a crowd of 400 people.
Some of the other major guests included:
- The Right Honourable Beverley McLachlin, P.C., Chief Justice of Canada
- The Honourable Mr. Justice Clément Gascon and the Honourable Madam Justice Suzanne Côté of the Supreme Court of Canada
- The Honourable Nicole Duval Hesler, Chief Justice of the Court of Appeal of Quebec
- The Honourable François Rolland, Chief Justice of the Superior Court of Quebec
- Me Lu Chan Khuong, President of the Quebec Bar
- Martin Thibodeau, President, Quebec Headquarters, RBC Royal Bank
- David Pinsonneault, Senior Vice-President – Commercial Banking and International, National Bank
Our managing partner Mario Charpentier was also present at the event. At the national level, the Canadian Bar Association is about to celebrate its 120th anniversary, while the Quebec branch was founded in 1951. For more details and to watch some of the speeches given at this event, please see this article (in French) from ABC-Quebec’s website.