Sophie Boulanger practices business law in our Quebec City office and specializes in privacy and confidential data protection. She puts her skills to good use by drafting complex legal policies and agreements to protect her clients against security issues, attacks on their reputation and severe sanctions.
Her legal knowledge, intellectual rigor, analytical mind and excellent listening skills allow her to accompany her clients at each step of their transaction in the context of mandates in real estate and commercial law, as well as during large-scale debt and equity financings.
Sophie also acts as a legal consultant for the incubator-accelerator Le Camp and has developed an expertise with clients with high-growth potential in information technology and artificial intelligence, assisting them through every step of their company's start-up.
Having always had a keen interest in the business world, Sophie began her studies in business administration before completing her law degree at Laval University. Her thirst to excel and her curiosity also led her to get involved and act as a mentor at the Centre de soutien aux étudiants de la Faculté de droit de l’Université Laval. Throughout her university career, Sophie has received various scholarships in recognition of her leadership and social commitment.
An accomplished sportswoman, Sophie was able to reconcile her interest in sports with her practice by completing a training program at the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (SDRCC).
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2020)
- Bachelor of Laws, Université Laval (2019)
"Let The Succession Rise!"
bcf.ca, March 18, 2021
"COVID-19: Impact of Measures Imposed by the Government of Québec on Municipalities"
bcf.ca, March 25, 2020
"COVID-19 and Construction: Impacts on Your Legal Hypothecs, RBQ Licences and Surety Bonds"
bcf.ca, April 7, 2020
- Damco Group, a commercial and residential real estate development company, in the acquisition and sale of real estate;
- Hortau Inc., a leader in the irrigation management systems industry, in an equity financing totalling $7 million from its existing shareholders (Export Development Canada, FTQ, Capital Régional et Coopératif Desjardins, Fondaction and Advantage Capital);
- Drafted several privacy policies for various organizations in order to make them compliant with the Canadian laws in force and particularly with the Californian Data Protection Act (CCPA).
- Resident expert at the Le Camp - incubator-accelerator
- Rouge et or de l’Université Laval (basketball) – administrator.