With more than 35 years of experience in tax and business law, Jules Turcotte is a thorough business advisor valued by the small, medium and large businesses he advises. He specializes in tax and estate planning, corporate mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and tax litigation. Over the years, he has also developed special expertise in life insurance companies, their products and their segregated funds.
Jules holds a master's degree in taxation. An excellent educator, he was a professor of taxation law at the École du Barreau du Québec and a lecturer in taxation law at the Faculty of Law of Université Laval. With a proven track record in governance, Jules has been a long-time member of the firm's Board of Directors and was a member of the Executive Committee for 10 years. He was also a member of the Board of Directors of the Association de planification fiscale et financière du Québec for a number of years and presently serves on the Board of Directors of Meritas, an international network of independent law firms with more than 7,600 lawyers around the world.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1982)
- Master in Tax Law, Université de Sherbrooke (1982)
- LL.B. Université Laval (1979)
- A major private corporate in the sale of one of its divisions operating in Canada and the United States ($70 million );
- APN Inc. an industry 4.0 company in the investment of a Venture Capital in its capital stock and financing ($11 million);
- APN Inc. an industry 4.0 company in the acquisition of Mécanique Analytique inc.’s AFP division (11 Canadian and foreign patent families);
- APN Inc. an industry 4.0 company in the acquisition of two US companies located in San Diego and setting up the US legal structure;
- D. Bertrand & Fils Inc. in the sale of their shares to Colabor Inc ($85 million);
- Bertrand Family in the sale of the buldings used by Colabor Inc. in Cominar;
- PSA Group (Peugeot) in setting up a Quebec company in partnership with Communauto;
- Shareholders of a major doors and windows manufacturing company in the sale of their shares to a French company;
- Major food distribution company in the acquisition of competing companies ($32 million );
- Supermétal Structures inc. and its shareholders in various corporate succession, corporate reorganization and merger and acquisition mandates over the past 34 years;
- EBC Inc. and its shareholders in various mandates of corporate reorganization, tax and estate planning, mergers and acquisitions and the establishment of legal and commercial structures.
- Jules was a professor of taxation law at the École du Barreau du Québec and lecturer in taxation law at the Faculty of Law of Université Laval;
- Since Fall 2001, he has been a member of the tax legislation and administration committee of the Barreau du Québec. He also takes part in the activities of the Canadian Bar Association’s Quebec Section. He has been a member of the board of directors of the Association de planification fiscale et financière du Québec for a number of years.