Yannick Pomerleau is a member of our Civil and Commercial Litigation group. In particular, he practises administrative, environmental, and municipal law. He is involved in several large files, namely regarding real estate development, municipal, regional and environmental regulation, and expropriation.
During his time in university, he was awarded the Barreau du Québec justice award, and was on the Dean’s List every year of his academic career. As a member of Université de Sherbrooke’s co-op program, Yannick completed three co-operative internships at BCF.
Yannick then completed his Bar admission course and pursued his articling with the firm. He was finally sworn in and hired as a lawyer with BCF in August 2017.
- Barreau du Québec (2017)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, Co-op program (2016)
- Barreau du Québec Participatory Justice Award (2016) - Awarded to the student who earned the highest grade in the course, DRT 577 - Introduction to Dispute Prevention and Resolution Methods at Université de Sherbrooke
- Dean’s List – 1st, 2nd and 3rd year (2014-2016) - Awarded in recognition of outstanding academic achievement, Université de Sherbrooke.
- Acted for a real estate developer in a dispute that led to the award of an injunction to modify a major road infrastructure to restore the natural drainage of land, as well as the protection afforded to illegally flooded land by the Environment Quality Act;
- Acted for real estate developers in disguised expropriation proceedings resulting from the municipal and regional regulations adopted by cities and MRC/agglomerations in Greater Montreal involving claims in the tens of millions of dollars.
December 19, 2017
«Éthique et intégrité en matière de contrats publics», given to Les Estimateurs Professionnels Leroux, Beaudry, Picard et Associés inc., in Montréal
- Canadian Bar Association
- Barreau du Québec