Valérie Charpentier joined BCF’s team in May 2018. Having completed her studies at the University of Sherbrooke and at the Quebec Bar, Valérie became a member of the Quebec Bar in 2015.
Valérie has developed a practice in business law with a focus on corporate and commercial law and mergers and acquisitions. She also advises on exempt market placements, initial public offerings, take over bids, and private placements.
- Barreau du Québec (2015)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Université de Sherbrooke (2014)
- Acted for Alliance Magnesium Inc. in a $145 million financing transaction for its commercial demonstration plant for magnesium production (2020);
- Acted as counsel for Medline Industries Inc. in the acquisition of Médi-Select, a Quebec city-based distributor of medical and dental supplies (2020);
- Acted for an important investor in the IPO of LightSpeed POS Inc. (2019);
- Acted for Humania Assurance Inc. in the sale of Aurea Signature Inc. to IDC Worldsource Insurance Network Inc., one of Canada’s leading life Insurance Managing General Agencies (2019).
- Acted for Prevtec Microbia Inc. in it’s sale to Elanco Canada (2019).
- Acted for Humania Assurance Inc. in its acquisition of all of the assets of Tour+Med Assistance, Inc. and Multi+Med Inc. (2019).
- Acted for DMD Digital Health Connections Group Inc. in its plan of arrangement under the CBCA in a management buy-out going private transaction and associated financing (2018).
- Member of the Young Bar of Montreal (YBM)
- Member of the Quebec Bar