Mélissa Picher specializes in mergers and acquisitions, business start-ups, traditional and equity financing as well as securities. She primarily specializes in drafting commercial contracts, including income trusts, shareholder agreements, options agreements, partnership agreements, distribution, service and sales agreements.
As a member of the Barreau du Québec since 2009, Mélissa has extensive experience for the purposes of representing investors in private placements as well as advising entrepreneurs in the transfer of their business. As such, she also developped over the years an expertise with regards to wealth protection, particularly the drafting of wills and trusts, in order to maximize the business structure and to protect our clients’ assets.
Her versatiliy and efficiency allow our clients to reach their objectives and facilitate the success of the transactions in which she participates.
In addition to her Bachelor of Laws, Mélissa has a bachelor’s degree in political science. She has notably executed a portion of her studies in England at the London Metropolitan University and in Argentina at the Universidad Austral de Buenos Aires and is fluent in Spanish.
Mélissa is also involved in the student recruitment process at BCF and acts as a key contact for the Quebec City office with respect to Meritas, an international network, to which BCF is affiliated, thus providing our clients quality legal services on an international scale.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2009)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2007)
- B.A. (Political Science), Université Laval (2003)
- Acted for Malbec Inc. in the sale of one of its divisions to Group Lebel Inc. (2018);
- Set up of Income Trust on exempt market;
- Acted for Groupe Pro Santé inc. in the sale of all the shares (2017);
- Made representations as part of the acquisition and financing of a business succession involved in residential and commercial fence installation (2016);
- Acted for a creditor in setting up financing whose guarantees were taken on tankers pursuant to the Canada Shipping Act (2016);
- Acted for a creditor in the sale of the quasi-totality of the assets of a Québec tomato producer in a context of insolvency (2015);
- Acted as part of the acquisition and financing of a micro-shoots company (2013);
- Acted for a machinery company in Québec for the acquisition of a company in California (2011);
- Acted for and supported entrepreneurs to startup their businesses, corporate reorganization, developed financing and protections for their estate;
- Acted for an amusement park operator located in Virginia to conclude a trans-border transaction aimed at financing and acquire 5 amusement parks in Québec.
"Utilisation des sociétés de personnes dans le cadre de planifications fiscales", APFF’s Lunch & Learn
"Droit des affaires pour les nuls", courses given by BCF to its clients
- Regroupement d’Affaires à Vélo de Québec(RAV)
- Regroupement d’Affaires en Ski de Québec (RAS)
- Member of the Steering Committee - Quebec of the Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF)
- Meritas Young Lawyer Liaison