A leader in banking law and finance, Martin Sills specialises in Canadian and cross-border financing transactions. He regularly represents chartered banks, asset-based lenders, and other Canadian and foreign financial institutions, as well as corporate borrowers dealing with complex financing transactions. From drafting legal documentation on asset-based lending to syndicated loans, automotive financing, leasing, real estate transactions, and intercreditor relations, he perfectly masters the art of the deal.
Martin has been recognized by his peers on numerous occasions, including his ranking in Equipment Finance Law from 2009 to 2019 on the Best Lawyers in Canada list.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1998)
- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University (1997)
- Best Lawyers (2009-2020) - Equipment Finance Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert (2017-2020) - Asset Equipment Finance/Leasing; Asset-Based Lending
- Sale of an asphalt and road works company to a European company;
- Sale of RCI Environnement to Waste Management;
- Management Buy-Out de Rondi Industries Ltd.;
- Sale of MusiquePlus to Groupe V Média;
- Sale of Adonis to Métro;
- Acquisition of Motorcade Automotive by Groupe Monaco.
“Drafting and Negotiation of Inter-Creditor Agreements”, Fifth
Annual Insight Conference on Secured Lending
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Canadian Bar Association