Laurence Babin is a member of the Business Law Group in our Montréal office and focuses her practice on corporate mergers and acquisitions. She has joined BCF as a summer student in 2021 and has since successfully completed her articling program.
Prior to joining the firm, Laurence completed her dual degree in civil law and common law at McGill University, where she developed her critical thinking, thoroughness and analytical skills.
- Barreau du Québec (2021)
- Bachelor of Laws at McGill University (B.C.L./J.D.) (2020)
- Bourse J W McConnell (2017) – McGill University entrance scholarship
- Bourse Hubert-Reeves (2016) – Academic Excellence and Leadership
- Acted on behalf of KSH Solutions Inc., a Montréal-based consulting, engineering, and EPC/EPCM services company specializing in the pulp and paper, chemicals, biorefinery, energy, water and environment and chemical sectors, and its shareholders in the sale of the shares of KSH Solutions Inc. to AFRY Group Finland OY (2023);
- Acted on behalf of Sunshine Biopharma Inc. (NASDAQ: “SBFM”), a pharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and commercialization of oncology and antiviral drugs, in its acquisition of Nora Pharma Inc., a Canadian pharmaceutical company offering generic and specialty drugs and one of North America’s fastest growing generic pharmaceutical companies (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Groupe Soucy and JLD-Laguë, supported by Champlain Financial Corporation, in its acquisition of Location Sauvageau and Location Légaré (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Resonetics LLC, as Canadian counsel, in its acquisition of AGILE MV, a Montreal-based medical device development company. (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Notarius, a Quebec-based and Canadian leader and provider of solutions that safeguard the long-term reliability of electronic documents, in its acquisition by Portage CyberTech Inc., a subsidiary of Converge Technology Solutions Corp., a software-enabled IT & Cloud Solutions provider. (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Difuze Inc. a Canadian leader in the postproduction, versioning and distribution of audiovisual content, in its acquisition of SpeakEasy DV Inc. a company specialized in video description (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Archimed in Québec through MED III as part of its investment in Corealis Pharma, a North American CDMO. This partnership will allow the leading CDMO in the Americas to provide oral pharmaceutical dosage formulations and clinical supply manufacturing of growth accelerator (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Marshall Fields International BV, an Amsterdam-based holding company, in its acquisition of CannTrust Equity (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Energere Inc. a company specializing in energy efficiency and intelligent street lighting in its sale to Ainsworth Inc., a subsidiary of GDI Integrated Facility Services Inc. (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Andlauer Healthcare Group (TSX: AND) in its acquisition of all the shares of Unité de Support Logistique (LSU) Inc. (2022);
- Acted as Canadian counsel to GTCR LLC, a Chicago-based U.S. investment fund, and Jet Support Services Inc. in its acquisition of the shares of Traxxall, an aviation maintenance software company (2022);
- Acted on behalf of the acquiring group in the going private transaction of Sportscene Group Inc. owning, among others, La Cage-Brasserie Sportive restaurants (2022);
- Acted on behalf of Dye & Durham as Québec counsel in its acquisition of Telus Solutions in Finance (2021);
- Acted on behalf of Epsilyte Holdings LLC, a leading materials supplier, in its acquisition of StyroChem Canada Ltd, a North American producer of expandable polystyrene (2021).