Appreciated by his peers and clients for his understanding of business issues and his commitment to provide pragmatic solutions, Jean-Christophe Imbeau is a member of our Montréal business law team.
As such, he works with a diversity of clients, ranging from startups and established businesses to Canadian and foreign investment funds and public issuers that have chosen the province of Québec for their growth. Jean-Christophe intervenes mainly in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, share and other convertible securities issuances and other capital market transactions. His other interests include regulatory and corporate affairs. Since joining BCF, he has been eager to share his passion and is actively involved in selecting and mentoring our students and interns.
Jean-Christophe has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Association des diplômés en droit de l'Université de Sherbrooke (ADDUS) since 2019. As a student, he worked as a teaching assistant in charge of research courses at the Faculté de droit, in addition to working with other professors and lecturers in the business law department. He has also served on the Executive Committee of the Canadian Bar Association Law Students Section and has co-founded Jeunesse Enrichie in Sherbrooke, a non-profit organization whose main mission is to increase financial literacy among young people through finance courses given in high schools.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2020)
- Master of Business Administration, Université de Sherbrooke (2019)
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Sherbrooke (2019)
- Lieutenant Governor's of Québec Medal (2015)
2018 : Vers une collaboration étudiante encore plus forte
Canadian Bar Association. January 16, 2018.
- Acted on behalf of Groupe Nexio Inc., in connection with its acquisition by NovaCap. (August 2021);
- Acted on behalf of GTCR LLC, a Chicago-based private equity fund, as Canadian counsel, in its acquisition of Fiso Technologies, a Quebec-based medical fiber optics company. (October 2021);
- Acted on behalf of DMDConnects Services Inc. in the sale of its direct and indirect interests in, and assets used in connection with the operation of, DMD Marketing Corp., a healthcare identity provider dedicated to connecting marketers to key healthcare audiences, to IQVIA Inc. (NYSE:IQVIA) (August 2021);
- Acted on behalf of Epsilyte Holdings LLC, a leading North American EPS producer based in the United States, in its acquisition of StyroChem, a global polystyrene producer based in Quebec (October 2021);
- Acted on behalf of Consolidated Uranium Inc. (TSXV:CUR) in its acquisition of the Matoush Project, located in the Otish Mountains, Baie-James (August 2021);
- Acted on behalf of Sika (SWX:SIKA) in its acquisition of American Hydrotech Inc. and its Canadian subsidiary Hydrotech Membrane Corporation (July 2021);
- Acted on behalf of Sherweb, a global cloud solutions provider, in its acquisition of Global Mentoring Solutions Inc. a North American IT support and management company (March 2021);
- Acted on behalf of Clean Biologics SAS, a French biopharmaceutical services company, in its acquisition of Biodextris Inc. a Canadian provider of services to clients in the vaccine and biopharmaceutical industries (March 2021);
- Acted on behalf of the vendors in the sale of In Fidem, a Canadian company specialized in cybersecurity services, to Atos SE, a French multinational information technology service company listed on Euronext Paris (January 2021);
- Acted on behalf of Angany Inc., a private French-Canadian pharmaceutical company, expert namely in precision medicine against allergies, in its private Series A round of financing (January 2021);
- Acted on behalf of Sherweb in the acquisition of C2 Innovations Inc. (October 2020);
- Acted on behalf of Sherweb in the acquisition of PurelyHR, a Canadian leader in software solutions (October 2020);
- Acted on behalf of a major U.S. public company as Canadian counsel in its acquisition of the assets of an information technology services company for more than $40 million (February 2020).
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Association des MBA du Québec (AMBAQ)
- Association des diplômés en droit de l’Université de Sherbrooke (ADDUS)
- Member of the Association des diplômés en droit de l’Université de Sherbrooke (currently)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Canadian Bar Association Law Students Section (2016 to 2019)
- Member of the Nominating Committee, Mercuriades (2019)
- Co-founder and President, Jeunesse Enrichie/Penny Drops Sherbrooke (2016-2018)
- Student, Clinique juridique entrepreneuriale de l'Université de Sherbrooke (2017)