Partner, Lawyer, Vice-Chairman of the Board
An experienced lawyer full of passion, courage and diplomacy, and recognized as Québec’s leading market securities expert, Gilles Seguin is the head of BCF's Securities Law group. A pillar of the firm, his area of expertise also extends to mergers and acquisitions, corporate law as well as takeover bids, public offerings and private placements.
With more than 30 years of experience, he represents numerous foreign companies in Europe, the United States and South America wishing to establish themselves in Canada. Gilles also has extensive experience in the legal and commercial aspects of complex industrial projects. He assists companies in their constitution, and advises independent committees in various privatization transactions. Member of the Barreau du Québec and the Barreau de Paris, he bridges the gap between France and Canada for the firm and our clients.
Gilles was also named Leading Canadian Lawyer in Global Mining by Lexpert Magazine in 2016. Vice-Chairman of BCF's Board of Directors, he is actively involved in his community and sits on the board of directors of many public and private organizations, including the Private Capital Market Association and the French Chamber of Commerce in Canada, where he advises various audit and governance committees. He is also involved with the Fondation de la Maison du Père, which helps homeless people.
- Called to the Barreau de Paris (2016)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1982)
- LL.B., Université Laval (1981)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert : Special edition (2020) - Agribusiness and Cannabis
- Canadian Legal Lexpert (2016-2020) - Mining; Corporate Mid-Market
- Acquisition of an injection moulding business by an American company;
- Acquisition of Allied Enterprises Ltd. (sheet metal) by 8935157 Canada Inc.;
- Acquisition of two plastic distributors (Les plastiques Marcon inc. and L’entrepôt du plastique inc.) by Piedmont Plastics Inc.;
- Sale of Newmericals Technologies Inc. to Ansys Canada Ltd., an aeronautics software company;
- Purchase of a building company by a major CAC 40 French construction group;
- Acquisition of Les Entreprises Jimmy Tremblay Inc. (a food distributor) by Concord Organics Ltd.;
- Acquisition of Pace Pharmaceuticals Inc., a pharmaceutical product distributor, by Besin Health Care;
- Issuance of $70 million in unsecured subordinate convertible debentures by a corporation publicly traded on the TSX;
- Negotiation of the indemnity paid by the Quebec government to Jeffrey Mines Inc.;
- Purchase by a corporation publicly traded on the TSX of a manufacturer of fine metallic powder for use in the electronics sector.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Brazil Canada Chamber of Commerce
- French Chamber of Commerce in Canada
- Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal
American Chamber of Commerce of Canada
- Gilles sits on the board of directors of numerous public and private agencies and advises various audit committees and governance committees. He is also active in humanitarian and cultural organizations, including the Fondation de la Maison du Père helping homeless people;
- Gilles sits on the board of the Private Capital Market Association.
- He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the French Chamber of Commerce.