Geneviève Martin joined BCF in May 2007 as a second-year student. Today she specializes in commercial law and is part of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions group.
Over the last few years, Geneviève has worked on many significant purchase and sale transactions as well as on corporate financing transactions. She quickly grasps the major issues involved in transactions.
Geneviève particularly enjoys helping clients of selling or purchasing a business, which is often one of the most important moments in an entrepreneur’s career. She actively participates in closing sessions for transactions and in the drafting of various commercial contracts, such as purchase and sale agreements and shareholders’ agreements.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2010)
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (2008)
- B. Comm., McGill University (2005)
"Un notaire peut-il agir comme constituant d'une fiducie entre
(with Julie Loranger), Entracte, April 2008.
- Acquisition of Groupe BMR by La Coop Fédérée;
- Sale of RCI environnement’s major assets to Waste Management Inc.;
- Transfer of The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company’s entire direct distribution network in Quebec to a group of eleven brokers;
- Sale of the Hôtel Le St-James properties and assets in Montreal to Le Charles F. Blanc Limited Partnership;
- Acquisition of all shares held by Bell Media Inc. in the capital of Musiqueplus inc., an entertainment company, including buyer financing, by Groupe V Média inc.;
- Sale of BKOM Studios by Groupe Tink, a marketing communications and digital solutions company, to its top executives;
- Acquisition of all shares of Industries Rondi inc. a plastic injection molding manufacturer, by François Morin and Mimmo Pasqua through one of their companies;
- Acquisition of all shares of Nobletek B.V. and Nobletek PLM Solutions PVT., technological engineering services companies specializing in aerospace engineering in the United States and India, including buyer financing, by Processia Solutions Inc.
- Young Canadians in Finance
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Co-founder of the BCF Youth Networking Committee “Créez votre avenir autrement”.