Recognized for his energy, his entrepreneurial spirit and his leadership role in his community, Frédéric Dorion is one of few lawyers to combine expertise in bank financing and transactional law in the field of commercial mergers and acquisitions.
Particularly gifted at quickly grasping the essence and issues of our clients, Frédéric is committed to developing solid and lasting business relationships. He mainly advises companies on the development and drafting of various commercial agreements and assists them in the negotiation and finalization of commercial transactions. He masters the intricacies of purchase financing and assists his clients with agility at each phase of their financing. His practice also extends to labor and employment law. As such, he represents various National Hockey League teams in wage and grievance arbitrations.
Very committed to his profession, Frédéric has already built an impressive business network. He is Co-chair of the firm's Succession Committee, as well as a member of the Jeune Chambre de commerce de Québec. He sits on the Board of the Fondation Le Piolet. In addition to his law degree, he has a bachelor's degree in industrial relations from Université Laval.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2010)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2009)
- Baccalauréat en relations industrielles, Université Laval (2007)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert (2021-2022) - Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Mid-Market; Mergers and Acquisitions
- Currently represents a transaction from a major Quebec player that stands out in the distribution of fresh, dry, frozen, maintenance and packaging food products (2020);
- Currently represents an ongoing transaction of a major player in the Quebec restaurant industry, which sells ready-to-eat meals and operates restaurants across the province of Quebec (2020);
- Represented the purchaser of a majority stake in a distributor occupying an important place in the sports nutrition market (2020);
- Represented the shareholders in the sale of "La Compagnie Normand Ltée" in favor of Métal-Pless Ltée (2020);
- Represented a major Quebec transportation company in the acquisition of a competitor (2020);
- Legal counsel of Groupe Automobile Raymond Ouellet for the purchase of a Ford car dealership in Rimouski named Bouchard et fils Automobile (2020);
- Represented Maibec a family-owned Quebec company in their transaction to acquire the CanExel brand and its production facility in East River, Nova Scotia from manufacturer LP Building Solutions (2020);
- Legal counsel of Groupe Automobile Raymond Ouellet for the purchase of a major car dealership named Lallier Ste-Foy Automotive group (2020);
- Represented the Chrono Aviation Group in the sale of a minority stake in favor of Artic Co-operatives Limited (2019);
- Represented various private investors in a minority stake in the Chrono Aviation Group (2019);
- Legal counsel of Trudel Alliance limited in the acquisition of First Capital Relaty Inc. and its subsidiaries of 7 shopping centers (Carrefour Soumande, Le Galeries Charlesbourg, Place des Quatre Bourgeois, Carrefour St-David, Place Seigneuriale, Place Naviles and Promenades Lévis) in Quebec City (2019);
- Legal counsel of Groupe Automobile Raymond Ouellet a Mitsubishi car dealership in Rimouski named Rimouski Mitsubishi (2019);
- Represented TeraXion Inc. in its corporate restructuring and the acquisition of an equity interest by BDC Capital Inc (2019);
- Represented the shareholders of Groupe Megatech inc. in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake by Alfar Capital in Groupe Megatech inc. (2019);
- Legal counsel of the purchasers of Place Fleur de Lys and Sears Canada Inc. properties in Quebec City in their financing transaction (2018);
- Represented a secured creditor in the sale of substantially all the assets of a Quebec tomato grower in the context of an insolvency (2015);
- Represented the majority shareholders who sold all of their shares in a corporation operating a lumber mill to foreign investors (2015);
- Represented the client in the context of the development of a major hotel complex in Quebec City and the acquisition of Quebec City’s Ice Hotel (2015-2016);
- Represented the secured creditor in connection with infrastructure investments at Quebec City’s municipal stadium (2016);
- Advised banking institutions in a file involving the implementation of security structures of various degrees of complexity;
- Advised banking institutions on various restructuring and insolvency files;
- Work in the arbitration of National Hockey League (NHL) players’ salaries. We represent around 17 NHL teams;
- Represented various private investors in private placements in Quebec companies;
- Advised various start-up entrepreneurs.
- Member of the Jeune Chambre de commerce de Québec (2011)
- Governor and member of the board of directors of the Fondation Le Piolet.