Émile Côté-Soucy practices in business law, particularly in commercial and corporate law, financing and mergers and acquisitions. He is regularly involved in acquisitions and sales of shares and assets, as well as debt and equity financing transactions.
In addition to his work on traditional commercial law matters, Émile has developed expertise in the negotiation and drafting of various commercial contracts, particularly international marketing and distribution contracts, and acts as a consultant to start-ups in the innovation industry. He also collaborates with the labour and employment law team in salary arbitration cases with National Hockey League teams.
Émile holds an MBA from the Université de Sherbrooke. He has a keen understanding of issues faced by his clients and adopts an efficient and practical approach in the projects he is assigned. Émile joined BCF in January 2019 as a co-op student during his studies at the Université de Sherbrooke, where he received a mention in the Dean's Honour List of the Faculty of Law for his excellent academic results.”
- Barreau du Québec (2020)
- L.L.B. Université de Sherbrooke (2019)
- M.B.A. Université de Sherbrooke (2019)
- Student exchange, University of Groningen, Netherlands (2018)
- Université de Sherbrooke (2017, 2018) - Dean's Honour List
- Université de Sherbrooke, Faculty of Law (2017) - Bourse Maxime Bernatchez, Étudiant-Athlète Vert & OR
- Lieutenant Governor's Youth Medal (Bronze) (2014)
- Étoile Académique – RSEQ (2014, 2017, 2018)
- Legal counsel to several automobile dealerships in connection with financing transactions;
- Legal counsel to companies in various manufacturing fields in the context of negotiating international distribution agreements;
- Legal counsel in the context of the corporate reorganization of major Quebec companies.
- Young Bar Association of Quebec City
- Barreau du Québec
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Association générale étudiante de droit de l'Université de Sherbrooke (2016 to 2018)
- Treasurer of the Association générale étudiante de droit de l'Université de Sherbrooke (2016-2017)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Cégep de Thetford (2013 to 2015)
- Vice President and President of the l’Association générale étudiante of the Cégep de Thetford (2013-2015)