Annie Mathieu’s practice includes various aspects of law in the fields of litigation, bankruptcy, insolvency, restructuring, business, financing and exercise of hypothecary rights. Annie also prepares legal opinions on several topics for trustees, receivers, creditors and debtors. She is also a Mediator in civil and commercial law certified by the Barreau du Québec (Quebec Bar) and she acts in defence of class action suits.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2004)
- LL.B. Université du Québec à Montréal (2003)
- Certified mediator in civil and commercial matters (2014)
“Manuel de l’action collective”
Contributing author, (Toronto: LexisNexis, 2017)
"Règlementation du coût du crédit", JurisClasseur Québec, coll. "Droit des affaires"
Banking law, Montreal, LexisNexis Canada, November 2014, updated in February 2016
Contributing author of “The Quebec Class Action: A Roadmap”
(Toronto: LexisNexis, 2016), an easy-to-use primer designed for business people and in-house counsel
- Involvement in disputes with respect to the illegal practise of professions, on behalf of professional orders;
- Participated in the settlement linked to the collective action in the Lac-Mégantic tragedy;
- Participated in frequent disputes aimed at recovering sums lost to fraud;
- Various representations in bankruptcy cases;
- Made various representations in holding proposal cases;
- Made various representations in the context of creditor arrangements;
- Exercised mortgage recourses;
- Acted in disputes related to shareholder conflicts;
- Set up of financing and taking of collateral in the context of insolvency;
- Participated in an industry’s privatization.
- Barreau du Québec (Quebec Bar)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal
- The Canadian Bar Association – Quebec Branch;
- Business Law Section: Member of the executive committee from 2008 to 2011.