Annie Gauthier specializes in business law, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law, and is one of the most respected lawyers in the field of technology and life sciences, and more specifically in the pharmaceutical industry.
With over 15 years’ experience, Annie has practised with a nationally and internationally renowned law firm and worked on highly complex major transactions in addition to becoming one of the leading licensing experts in Canada.
Before joining BCF, Annie was Director, Transactions at Pharmascience, the largest employer in the pharmaceutical industry in Quebec. Working at this generics giant for over two years gave her inside understanding of the industry and an opportunity to conduct transactions on every continent. This experience makes her a top strategic advisor for our clients.
Annie is actively involved with her peers and her community, and was also the President of the Montreal chapter of the Licensing Executives Society for over five years before becoming a member of the board of directors for the North American region of the organization in 2016. In 2014, she co-founded L’étoffe du succès Montréal, an organization dedicated to helping women that is affiliated with Dress for Success Worldwide, where she still serves on the board of directors and as Vice-President.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2002)
- B.C.L./L.L.B., McGill University (2000)
- B.C.L./L.L.B., National University of Singapore (2000)
- Represented Groupe Delom Inc. direct and indirect shareholders in the sale of all issued and outstanding shares to Wajax Corporation. Pursuant to the share purchase agreement between Wajax, Delom and Delom’s direct and indirect shareholders, the shares’ total purchase price was $51,8M, of which the amount of $2,0M was subordinated to achieve certain performance targets subsequent to closing;
- Represented Crescita Therapeutics Inc., a Canadian commercial dermatology company with a portfolio of non-prescription skincare products and prescription drug products for the treatment and care of skin conditions, diseases and their symptoms, in the reacquisition of the worldwide rights to PliaglisTM from Galderma S.A. and the entering into of a commercialization license agreement with Cantabria Labs for the exclusive rights to manufacture, sell and distribute PliaglisTM in Italy, Portugal, France and Spain, and supply PliaglisTM in other territories of the world, in consideration of a $3.8M upfront payment, double digit royalties on net sales and milestones related to the launch and sales performance of PliaglisTM in such territories.
- Member of the Board, Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer – Commercialization of Research;
- Founding member, member of the board and Vice-President, Dress for Success Montréal;
- Member of the Board, Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc.;
- Program Director, Understanding Patents Program, McGill University, 2007-2009.