Partner, Chairman of the Board
André Morrissette, Ad. E., ICD.D
André Morrissette is a commercial and tax lawyer to whom business owners turn when the stakes are high, and they want to protect their assets or manage complex taxation and governance issues.
With over 30 years of practice, André offers a wealth of experience to family-owned companies, corporate executives, emerging tech firms, and mid-sized corporations. In 2017, he was named Advocatus Emeritus (Ad. E.) by the Barreau du Québec (Quebec Bar) for his exceptional contribution to the legal profession.
One of the builders of BCF, André is currently chair of BCF’s Board of Directors. He is a pillar of the Quebec business community, and sits on numerous boards of directors of private companies and charitable organizations, including the Fondation Jeunes en Tête, whose mission is to prevent psychological distress among youth aged 11 to 18.
- Directors Education Program, ICD - University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management (2019)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1985)
- LL.B. Université de Montréal (1983)
- Chambers Canada, Québec (2018) - Recognised practitioner in corporate and commercial law
- Barreau du Québec (2017) - Advocatus Emeritus
- ICD, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Association for Corporate Growth Toronto Chapter
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of BCF
- Co-head of BCF’s Mergers and Acquisitions group
- Member of the Board of Groupe V Média inc.
- Member of the Board of the Fondation Jeunes en Têtes
- Member of the Board of the Girafonds Foundation (since January 20, 2017)
- President of BCF's Centraide fundraising campaign and member of the Council of Governors
- Member of the Institute of Corporate Directors
- Governor of the Québec Bar Foundation
- Member of the executive committee of BCF (past)
- Managing Partner of BCF (past)
- Co-head of BCF’s Business Law group (past)
- Member of the Board of TMSA Florida Opportunity Fund I (past)
- Chairman of the Board of the Fondation Jeunes en Têtes (past)
- Member of the Telus Community Investment Committee (past)
- Member of the Board of Aliments Ouimet-Cordon Bleu inc. (past)
- Chairman of the Board of TMSA Florida Opportunity Fund II (past)
- Honorary co-president of the Liaison Mozart fundraising campaign for Arion Orchestre Baroque (past)