Press Release May 16, 2019
BCF Unveils the 10 Startups That Will Be Part of BCF Imagine’s 4th Cohort
Montreal, May 16, 2019 – Less than two years after the launch of the very first cohort, BCF reveals the 10 new companies that will be part of the 4th cohort of its legal and strategic support program for startups.
“The companies that caught our attention during this selection definitely have the potential to revolutionize the market. They will be talked about for a long time in Quebec and in Canada, but also internationally,” said Mario Charpentier, BCF Business Law Managing Partner.
The technologies they create and operate are already enabling them to carve out an enviable position in their respective industries and to develop new business models. That’s why BCF is proud to support these 10 startups by offering them a range of adapted services and resources over the following year:
- Upscale Technology has the mission to help emerging music bands reach a professional sound quickly during shows;
- Neuraura Biotech is developing an electronic chip for reading signals between brain cells;
- Projet Lucine has created and now operates a health software geared for people with chronic pain;
- Mechasys is developing a laser projection system that displays real-scale construction plans at construction sites;
- Puzzle Medical Devices developed ModulHeart, the world’s safest heart pump;
- Vyoo is the first mobile 3D acquisition technology that can help anyone identify, measure and find wanted objects;
- Bliinx automates and optimizes all aspects of contact management to focus on what really matters: business relationships;
- MISO provides tools and services that better predict the behaviour of cancerous cells;
- Pilot Things transforms connected objects into data that can be used by applications;
- Umanéo automates a public bid response process with its artificial intelligence software, Aloha.
BCF Imagine brings together the talent, experience and business networks of the Venture Capital, Taxation, Intellectual Property and Business Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions groups, as well as being supported by sectoral specialists in Litigation, Employment Law and Business Immigration. These BCF professionals combine their expertise and knowledge of the emerging technology industry to propel innovative companies.
About BCF Imagine
BCF Imagine was launched in 2017 with the purpose of strategically supporting companies in the emerging technologies sector. The program was designed for innovative startups so that they can focus their efforts on product development and business growth.
Applications for the program must be submitted online and only companies that meet the criteria* will be contacted.
*Criteria : we target growing startups that are ready to commercialize their innovative technology.