Alex Thivierge Côté
1100 René-Lévesque Blvd. West
Montreal, Quebec H3B 5C9
CANADA 514 397-8500 514 397-8515 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Thivierge Côté joined the firm in September 2017 as a co-op student. During her co-op internships and her Barreau du Québec’s articling, Alex practiced in the Business Law Group, more specifically in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and corporate finance. After being called to the Bar, Alex reoriented her practice in tax law.
Alex completed her law degree in civil law, cooperative program, at the Université de Sherbrooke in 2019. During her studies, she was greatly involved in her faculty, notably at the entrepreneurial legal clinic and as coordinator of the Centre d'entraide à l'étude. This commitment to her university community and the excellence of her academic results earned her the highest distinction of the Université de Sherbrooke's Faculty of Law, the Dean's Award and the Albert-Leblanc Medal, as well as the privilege of addressing her peers at the graduation ceremony.
Prior to law school, Alex completed a bachelor's degree in psychology at the Université de Montréal and had the opportunity to complete a one-year student exchange at Aarhus Universitet in Denmark.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2020)
- Bachelor of Law, Co-op program (LL.B.) - Université de Sherbrooke (2019)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (B.Sc.) - Université de Montréal (2015)
- Albert-Leblanc Medal and Dean's Award (2019) - Université de Sherbrooke Faculty of law
- Award of excellence presented to students in the top 5 percentile of their cohort (2017, 2018, 2019) - Université de Sherbrooke Faculty of Law
Corporate Tax Guide 2021 – Canada Chapter
Published by Chambers and Partners, March 2021
Commentary on the decision Apple Canada Inc. v. Charbonneau – La modification d’un groupe par le tribunal à la suite de l’autorisation d’exercer une action collective
Published on La Référence, an online doctoral research service by Éditions Yvon Blais, co-authored with Shaun E. Finn, March 2019
Commentary on the decision Option Consommateurs v. Meubles Léon ltée – Peut-on ‘sauver les meubles’ lorsqu’on est trouvé responsable de pratiques interdites en vertu de la Loi sur la protection du consommateur?
Published on La Référence, an online doctoral research service by Éditions Yvon Blais, co-authored with Shaun E. Finn, December 2017
Commentary on the decision Canada (Attorney General) v. Thouin – L’immunité de l’État en matière d’interrogatoire préalable: la Cour suprême se prononce,
Published on La Référence, an online doctoral research service by Éditions Yvon Blais, co-authored with Shaun E. Finn, November 2017
- Counsel to Hypertec, a global provider of end-to-end technologies, in the sale of its data center and colocation services operations to Vantage Data Centers, one of the world's leading hyperscale data center providers;
- Member of the team that represented NetGovern Inc. in its acquisition by Ipro Tech LLC;
- Member of the team that represented the shareholders of the Vision Expert Group in the sale of 11 optometry clinics to FYI Eye Care Services and Products Inc;
- Member of the team that represented a cryptocurrency startup in its $8 million seed financing round;
- Drafting of commercial distribution contracts for clients operating in the wine and other alcoholic beverages sector.
- Barreau du Québec
- Jeune Barreau de Montréal
- Member of the Jeune Chambre du commerce de Montréal (JCCM)
- Association des diplômés en droit de l’Université de Sherbrooke (ADDUS)
- Entrepreneurial legal clinic of Université de Sherbrooke (2018)
- Member of Pro Bono Students Canada program (2017)
- Member of the Mentorship program of the Jeune Chambre du commerce de Montréal (2016)