Nicolas St-Sauveur practices mainly in the area of business, commercial and corporate law technologies. A member of the Business Law and Mergers & Acquisitions groups, he regularly takes part in transactions involving the sale or acquisition of businesses, where he contributes his expertise in technology law and the right to data protection and privacy. He also specializes in drafting agreements between shareholders or partners, as well as different types of business contracts (distribution, services, sales, etc.).
He accompanies numerous technology companies in their expansion, negotiating and implementing various commercial contracts related to intellectual property, such as distribution contracts and software licenses. He also guides these companies through their legal issues regarding data protection and privacy.
In addition to his law degree, with honors, on the Faculty's Honor Roll, Nicolas holds a bachelor's degree in microbiology. This combination of skills gives him an excellent understanding of scientific files.
Nicolas is also part of BCF’s Web group, which provides our clients with relevant legal advice and services about their online presence. This constantly evolving environment requires the expertise of a multi¬disciplinary team such as BCF.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2007)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2006)
- B.Sc. (microbiology), Université Laval (2003)
- Supported technology companies in the implementation of their processes related to their compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Negotiated and introduced software distribution and licensing contracts for an industrial automation company;
- Member of the team which represented the selling shareholders on the sale of majority interest in CorActive High-Tech Inc. to Han’s Laser Technology;
- Member of the team that acted for the Colpron-Fiset family in the sale of a controlling interest in the Première Moisson company to Métro inc.;
- Participated in Logibec inc.’s acquisition of ReaEvolution inc., an IT clinical solutions provider for health care organizations;
- Member of the team that acted for the Cantin family in the sale of a controlling interest in Stove Builder International Inc. (SBI) to Empire Group;
- Participated in the acquisition by the executives of subsidiaries (CVTech-IBC inc., CVTech-AAB inc. and CVTech R&D inc.) of a public company in the field of engine/transmission parts machining for recreational vehicles and automobiles;
- Supported start-ups involved in technology or innovation;
- Supported Hotau Inc., a technology company in the field of irrigation, to obtain several rounds of venture capital investment.
- Actively involved in organizing recruitment activities for future BCF articling students;
- A member of the board of directors of Entrepreneuriat Laval;
- Expert in residence and instructor at LE CAMP incubator for technology companies in Québec City;
- A member of juries in university courses and contests involving the preparation of business plans for business start-ups.