Geneviève Vigneault is organized, flexible and a great listener. She is the trusted advisor to CEOs and executives of many Quebec companies and family businesses facing various challenges. She is always looking for creative and efficient solutions for our clients, and has a special interest in all commercial aspects of shareholder's relations and the intergenerational transfer of family businesses.
Practicing business, commercial and corporate law at BCF for the past twenty years, Geneviève specializes in mergers and acquisitions, the sales of business, profit-sharing plans for employees, private financings, and the negotiation of various strategic contracts.
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Finance from the Université de Sherbrooke which allows her to advise clients on complex financial issues as well as on corporate governance. She sits as an observer on boards of directors. Geneviève attended in 2018 and successfully passed the Women’s Governance Course by the Institute for governance of private and public organizations.
Her ability to bring people together led her to set up a mentoring and evaluation program for BCF professionals, in addition to chairing the Business Succession Planning’s group. Involved in the advancement of women in the business community, she co-leads the firm’s Parity and Inclusion committee. She also sits on the Fondation Les Crabes, a philanthropic organisation whose mission is to fund projects that target young people aged 8 to 18.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1996)
- LL.B. Université de Sherbrooke (1995)
- B.A.A. (Finances) Université de Sherbrooke (1992)
- Association des finissants de l'Université de Sherbrooke;
- Career Women Interaction Association;
- Member of the board of directors of the Maison grise de Montréal, a housing centre for women who have been sexually assaulted or who are in distress.