Geneviève Bernier Gosselin
Geneviève Bernier Gosselin practises with BCF’s Commercial Litigation group, primarily in the fields of Environmental, Administrative, and Municipal Law.
She completed her Bachelor of Civil Law summa cum laude. Throughout her academic career, she made the faculty Dean’s Honour List every year, and in 2016, she was named the fourth best pleader at the Canada-wide Laskin Moot Court Competition. As a member of the University of Ottawa co-op program, Geneviève has acquired a variety of legal knowledge through her work with the Programme d’appui aux droits linguistiques at the Centre communautaire juridique de l’Outaouais and at the Department of Justice of Canada.
Geneviève then completed her professional training at the Barreau du Québec before completing her articling with BCF’s Litigation group. She was sworn in and recruited to work as a lawyer at BCF in March 2018.
- Called to the Québec Bar (2018)
- Bachelor of Civil Law (LL.L.) (2016), Summa cum laude
- B.Soc.Sc. Specialization in International Development and Globalization (2016), Magna cum laude
- Featured on the faculty Dean’s Honour List – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year (2013, 2014, and 2015). Honour awarded to students of high academic achievement at the University of Ottawa
- Participated in the final round of the 2016 Canada-wide Laskin Moot Court Competition in constitutional and administrative law, where she was named fourth best pleader
- Acted for companies in expropriation procedures;
- Acted for real estate developers as part of disputes with some municipalities;
- Acted for contractors in construction law disputes;
- Drafting of legal opinions;
- Assisted companies in small claims actions.
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association