Fabrice L. Coulombe
A skilled negotiator, both pragmatic and bold, Fabrice L. Coulombe is a partner in BCF's Litigation group, practicing mainly in commercial and real estate litigation. He acts as a business partner for our clients and does not hesitate to work proactively to prevent potential disputes.
Over the years, Fabrice has developed a particular expertise in commercial litigation, real estate law, and commercial leases. He also has valuable experience in complex commercial arbitration and judgment enforcement. His background in a banking institution's litigation department allows him to fully grasp the intricacies of banking law, bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring.
A member of the Barreau du Québec since 2011, Fabrice holds a master's degree in Common Law and Transnational Law as well as a Master 2's degree in International Commercial Law from the Université de Montpellier 1 in France. He is also a member of the Young Philanthropists Circle of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2011)
- Université de Montpellier 1, Master 2 professionnel in International Commercial Law, Montpellier, France (2007-2008)
- LL.M. Master of Laws, Common Law and Transnational Law, Université de Sherbrooke (2008)
- Juris Doctor, Graduate diploma in Common Law and Transnational Law, Université de Sherbrooke (2007)
- LL.B., Bachelor of Laws, Université de Sherbrooke (2007)
- Acted on behalf of a major company operating in the aeronautical sector in the context of a commercial tax dispute;
- Acted on behalf of a Québec-based company operating in the management of contaminated soil in the context of a commercial dispute involving the mandated engineers’ professional liability and the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act;
- Acted on behalf of a major company in a dispute involving public infrastructure’s construction;
- Acted on behalf of Québec-based companies operating in the construction and retail sectors in the context of commercial leases negotiation;
- Acted on behalf of a Québec-based bottling company in the context of a complex commercial dispute involving various monetary claims and injunctions;
- Acted on behalf of Canadian banking institutions in the context of banking litigation and collections;
- Acted on behalf of a major real estate investment trust in the context of a commercial lease litigation;
- Acted on behalf of a Québec-based health care equipment company in the context of a commercial dispute against its tenant;
- Acted on behalf of a Québec-based company in its dispute against a public sector contractor;
- Acted on behalf of a real estate developer in a dispute arising from a major real estate transaction.
“A joint Canadian and French perspective of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)”, guest lecturer, Faculty of Law, Master 2, International Commercial Law, Université de Montpellier 1, France.
- Barreau du Québec
- Member of the Young Philanthropists’ Circle of Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.