Éric Amyot practises in all areas of business law, with an emphasis on corporate and commercial law. Throughout his career, he has closely advised several very large Quebec entrepreneurs, in addition to assisting and representing many foreign companies in the Greater Quebec City area.
Éric is known for his expertise in corporate mergers and acquisitions, financing and collateral, as well as franchising, distribution and licensing agreements. As a sports enthusiast, he also represents National Hockey League teams in salary arbitrations with their players.
Éric is very active in the Quebec City community, and has sat for several years on the Board of Directors of the Carnaval de Québec, as well as on the Board of Directors of Sports International de Québec. He is a founding member and director of the Regroupement d'affaires à vélo (RAV), a Director of Université Laval’s Rouge & Or Cross-Country Ski Club and a Board member of Théâtre Le Diamant in Old Quebec. He also contributed to Quebec City’s two bids to host the Winter Olympic Games.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1983)
- LL.B., Université Laval (1982)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert (2020) - Corporate Commercial Law; Technology Transactions
- Who’s Who Legal (2019) - Sports and Entertainment Canada
- Sale of a majority of shares in Les Entreprises Cafection Inc. to N&W Global Vending (Evoca Group);
- Sale of Couture Rochette & Associés Inc.’ shares to Deslauriers & Associés Inc.;
- Legal counsel of the seller in the sale of the Hôtel Quartier located on Laurier Blvd., in Québec City;
- Legal counsel of Cromwell Group for a residential real estate development project called “la Cité Verte” in Quebec City;
- Legal counsel of the purchasers of the Hôtel Delta in Québec City;
- Legal counsel of the purchasers of Place Fleur de Lys and Sears Canada Inc. properties in Quebec City;
- Legal counsel of the purchaser in the acquisition of a real estate from the Missionnaires du Sacré-Coeur;
- Legal counsel of the purchaser of a lot belonging to the city of Québec in order to develop the Tour Place Jacques-Cartier project (Tour Fresk);
- Legal counsel of the purchaser of the right in a real estate property (located at 79 René-Lévesque Blvd. East in Québec);
- Legal counsel of a client in the acquisition of various car dealerships namely Jaguar Land Rover of Québec , Qué-Bourg Auto (Volkswagen), Acadia Subaru, Longue Pointe Chrysler;
- Legal counsel of the shareholders-sellers in the sale of their shares of Les Résidences Pro-Fab Inc. to Wynnchurch Capital;
- Legal counsel of Vie Sportive inc. for the sale of its assets to La Cordée Plein Air inc.;
- Work in the arbitration of National Hockey League (NHL) players’ salaries. We represent around 17 NHL teams.