A clever strategist and dedicated lawyer, André Lepage has diverse experience in labour and employment law. He often acts as negotiator during collective bargaining agreement negotiations as well as strategic counsel to small, medium and large business in connection with the reorganization of their human resources.
André’s practice also includes the drafting of employment contracts, occupational health and safety and labour standards, the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements, and injunction proceedings. He also specializes in sports labour law and is one of the few attorneys in North America who represents the National Hockey League teams in salary arbitration matters. He counsels for over half of the LNH teams.
A skilled communicator, André regularly speaks to employers on current labour law issues. His work is recognized by his peers, who named him in the Best Lawyers in Canada's list in Labour and Employment Law since 2016. He is also a member of BCF's Board of Directors.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2002)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2001)
- Best Lawyers in Canada (2016-2018) - Droit du travail et de l’emploi
- Canadian Legal Lexpert (2017-2018) - Droit du travail
- Negotiation of dozens of collective agreements in the manufacturing sector;
- Negotiating a transfer of business in a shareholder dispute;
- Numerous injunctions regarding unfair competition;
- Counsel Quebec City in defamation disputes involving the mayor;
- Counsel Hydro-Québec in a conflict with senior executives;
- Negotiating on behalf of contract companies of senior executives from outside Canada;
- Counsel for over half of the National Hockey League's teams in salary arbitration matters;
- Negotiation of sports sponsorship contracts.
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Member of BCF's Board of Directors;
- Member of the board of directors of the Centre National d'Entraînement Pierre-Harvey (CNEPH) as well as the Centre Durocher.