Lawyer, Avocat à la Cour, Paris Bar
Vincent Garibaldi is a member of our business, commercial and securities law team in Montreal. His practice focusses on mergers, acquisitions, securities, and capital markets. In this role, Vincent advises businesses in their operations and financing, whether in the context of public offerings or on the exempt market. Vincent also handles restructuring operations and the private or public sale of businesses and assists publicly traded companies to comply with the regulations set forth by Canadian securities regulatory authorities and Canadian stock exchanges (TSX, TSXV, CSE).
Member of the Barreau du Québec and Barreau de Paris, he is able to assist clients and the firm in Canada as much as in France.
- Master 2 (LLB) Droit Économique (Institut de Droit des Affaires – Aix en Provence) (2012)
- Master 1 (LLB) Droit des Affaires (Université Aix-Marseille III) (2011)
- Licence en Droit des affaires (Université Aix-Marseille III)
- Represented R3D Conseil, a private company specializing in digital solutions in Quebec, as part of its acquisition by Groupe Alithya Inc. (TSX: ALYA), a North American leader in strategy and digital transformation with more than 2,200 professionals in Canada, the United States and Europe;
- Represented Premier Health of America Inc., a leading Canadian healthtech company that provides a comprehensive range of outsourced service solutions for healthcare needs to governments, corporations, and individuals, and listed on the TSX Venture Exchange, in its $7.5M bought deal public offering. The offering was led by Acumen Capital Finance Partners Limited as sole underwriter;
- Represented CTI Life Sciences Fund II, L.P. as lead investor in the US$6M Series A-3 preferred share seed financing in Phenomic AI Inc., a Toronto-based company which leverages a computer vision and high content screening platform to develop therapeutic antibodies against cancer and fibrosis;
- Represented Premier Health of America Inc. (TSXV: PHA) in its acquisition of a health personnel placement company, Placements Code Bleu, for a value of $17 million;
- Represented Stathera IP Holdings Inc., a private Canadian technology company, operating in the MEMS (Microelectromechanical system), timing resonator technology, in connection with an equity financing for a total of US$4.8 million, including a major investment by a South Korean multinational conglomerate company (2020);
- Represented Aerîal Technologies Inc. in its financing round in convertible notes in series 3 preferred shares for a total round of $US 4,225,050 with various investors including Fonds Innovexport, S.E.C., Middlefield Ventures, Inc., Kibo Ventures Innvierte Open Future FCR-PYME, Telefonica Open Future S.L.U., Dragon Capital and others (2020);
- Represented PayFacto, a leading payment solution provider in North America, in its acquisition of Posera, a global provider of hospitality industry software, and Resto Finances;
- Represented Matricis Informatique Inc. in the context of its sale to Alithya Group Inc. (TSX: ALYA) (NASDAQ: ALYA) (2019);
- Represented the sellers of one of the largest fast food franchisees in North America, with more than 130 restaurants, to a US investment fund for more than $100 million;
- Handled investments via simplified prospectus for public companies worth more than several millions of dollars (debt and/or equity);
- Handled private investments for public and private companies in various fields, including mining, worth more than several millions of dollars (debt and/or equity);
- Initial public offering and listing of startup capital companies on the stock exchange;
- Eligible operation by way of a reverse takeover and listing of a startup capital company on the stock exchange.
- Membre du Barreau du Québec (2017);
- Membre du Barreau de Paris (2015).