Chief of Healthcare Technology Strategies and Business Development
With over 15 years of experience in medical technologies, Stuart Kozlick is an accomplished leader, engineer, and business professional who leverages a strong foundation in both clinical research and product development to envision and shape medical innovation opportunities.
Stuart is recognized for his ability to master complex and evolving life sciences and healthcare technology applications, whilst leading and enabling multi-disciplinary teams to develop and integrate complex medical device systems. His expertise spans several clinical areas including electrophysiology, structural heart, cardiovascular, endovascular, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, orthopedics and minimally invasive surgical devices. This includes interactions with clinicians, healthcare institutions, academia, industry developers, and government – all fostered towards the collaborative goal of medical technology realization, development, and commercialization. In compliment to this, Stuart’s extensive clinical operating room time and exposure coupled with expertise in clinical education and simulation has allowed him to explore and devise strategic healthcare workflow models and develop healthcare system strategies.
Prior to joining BCF, Stuart was Vice President of Medical Robotics at Kinova Inc. There, he led strategic initiatives in medical technology and affairs, scientific research, and innovation. Additionally, Stuart oversaw all quality and regulatory affairs for the company. Before joining Kinova Inc., Stuart launched several research and product development programs at CAE Healthcare, and spent just over nine years with Medtronic Inc. (previously CryoCath Technologies Inc.), where he led programs in research, product development, systems and clinical engineering. Stuart currently represents the Quebec medical ecosystem as a member of the TransMedTech Institute’s Board of Governors, the CTS Santé’s Board of Directors, and the Industrial Advisory Board of Concordia University’s Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering. Most recently, Stuart has been appointed as Professor of Practice at McGill University’s Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery.
- M.A.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Concordia University (2013)
- B.Eng., Mechanical Engineering, specialization in Design, Manufacturing & Quality Assurance, Concordia University (2005)
- Medtronic Star of Excellence Award – Arctic Front Advance, June 2013
- Medtronic RADIATE (Research & Development Innovation and Total Execution) Award, November 2012
- Technical Award for U.S. Patent entitled “Accessory Sleeve for Medical Device”, 11/862,264, December 2007
Product Development Management Styles: What’s Yours? A System's Approach to better Product Development, BIOMEDdevice Conference, Boston, MA
Panel Session: The value of robotics in the evolution of our healthcare systems, Ste-Justine Hospital Quality and Innovation Week, Montreal, QC
Transforming Healthcare through Robotic Innovation, MEDTEQ Annual Forum, Montreal, QC
How to Disrupt the Paradigm of Healthcare and Health Economics American Medical Device Summit, Chicago, IL
Panel Session: Québec Future Technologies Showcase MEDTECH Conference (formerly AdvaMED), San Jose, CA
Benefits of a Formal Design Review Process, MD&M East Conference, New York, NY
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- Regulatory Affairs Models & Strategies for Medical Devices, Medical Device & Technology Business Model Strategy, Clinical Testing and Business Models for Medical Devices Course, Biomedical Engineering Dept., Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 2017 – Present.
- Product Design and Development – Best Practices and Methodology, Design for Six Sigma in Medical Device & Technology, Medical Device Design & Development, Regulatory Affairs Models & Strategies for Medical Devices, Surgical Innovation Program Lecture Series, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, 2015 – Present;
- Robotics and AI in Medicine, Surgical Innovation Program Lecture Series, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Fall 2018;
- Humans Empowered through Medical Robotics, HEC MBA Seminar, Faculty of Management, HEC, Montreal, QC, October 2017;