Sébastien Savage has over 20 years of experience in business law, specialising in transactions and other corporate and commercial operations related to the real estate sector. He also helps our clients form and manage joint ventures and assists them with the sale, purchase, and financing of assets and businesses.
Sébastien represents a wide range of international, national and local corporations, both public and private, and advises land owners and real estate developers, foundations, manufacturers and retailers. Over the years, he has also represented retirement fund managers, private equity firms and real estate investment trusts (REIT) in connection with transactions of all sizes.
More specifically, Sébastien has extensive experience in the purchase, sale, management and development of hotels and retirement homes. He also assists clients in the fields of retail, commerce and manufacturing, namely for the implementation of key IT solutions as well as major acquisitions or dispositions for manufacturers and distributors.
He has acted as legal advisor in the context of infrastructure projects and public-private partnerships, representing consortiums and developers in Canada and abroad.
Prior to joining BCF, Sébastien worked in private practice for 20 years. He also served for two years as executive vice-president of Legal Affairs at Carbonleo Real Estate Inc., a major developer and manager of asset funds and buildings.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1998)
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (1997)
- Best Lawyers in Canada (2019-2021) - Real Estate; Corporate Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory - Corporate/Commercial Law (repeatedly recommended)
- Lexpert Special Edition Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers - Leading lawyer in Infrastructure Law
- Lexology Client Choice Awards (2018) - Mergers and Acquisitions (Canada, Québec)
- Counsel to Hypertec, a global provider of end-to-end technologies, in the sale of its data center and colocation services operations to Vantage Data Centers, one of the world's leading hyperscale data center providers.
November 21, 2017
Panelist at a conference titled "Cross Canada Land Development Update: Opportunities in a Changing Legislative Landscape," Toronto
- Canadian Bar Association
- Institut de développement urbain du Québec
- Ambassador, Lawyers Without Borders
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Empress Theatre Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors of the SBC Gallery of Contemporary Art