After being called to the Barreau du Québec (Quebec Bar) in 2009, Robert Steinman focused on various aspects of commercial and banking law including film and television finance transactions for productions across Canada, the United States and Europe. He began his career in immigration law at a boutique business immigration law firm in Montreal, thereafter launching his own solo immigration law practice, handling a variety of matters including work permits, permanent residence applications and citizenship issues. In managing his own law practice, Robert became proficient at dealing with every aspect of an immigration application and at advising clients on longer-term immigration strategies. While his focus is on Canadian immigration, he has garnered experience advising clients with respect to U.S. immigration issues.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2009)
- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, Faculty of Law (2008)
- B.A. History, University of Pennsylvania (2003)
- Assisted CEO of a public company recruited for his expertise in American retail trade (received his 3-year work permit);
- Assisted CFO for a pharmaceutical subsidiary in Brazil, recruited by the Canadian subsidiary;
- Assisted large group of employees of US cable and media company to come work for a Canadian cable company client in an after-sales capacity in the context of a multi-million dollar;
- Assisted a well-known sound engineering company in recruiting a high-level expert in the field and am attempting to secure a work permit.
- Assisted an expert in technology, and telecommunications in India, China and Sweden etc., and recruited by a telecommunications company.
- Assisted a Brand Designer for a cryptocurrency startup.
- Assisted an employee of one of our biggest clients in our group in sponsoring his daughter, a toddler born outside Canada.
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Lord Reading Law Society, Director and Vice-Chair, Human Rights Committee
- Member, Israel & Overseas Committee, Federation CJA