Patrice Picard has been practising at BCF since 2000. Co-lead of the real estate sector of the firm, his experience and knowledge enable him to support our clients with success in a variety of real-estate transactions.
He regularly advises on the elaboration of joint ventures and ownership structures for multi-use complexes. Patrice has also developed a thorough expertise in deployment of telecommunications networks. As such, he regularly represents telecommunications companies.
In addition to investors, promoters, managers and Crown corporations, he also advises major players of the retail industry and various public and private corporations.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1992)
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal (1991)
- Best Lawyers (2021-2023) - Real Estate Law; Banking and Finance
“L’utilisation de la copropriété divise ou de la propriété superficiaire pour votre projet de développement immobilier à usage mixte”
Magazine Immobilier Commercial, Volume 11, No 2, April-May 2018
“La vérification diligente en droit immobilier : les meilleures pratiques”
La Collection Blais, volume 15 - 2012, Real Estate Law – Second Seminar, Les Éditions Yvon Blais, p. 115-144
- Québecor Sports and Entertainment for the acquisition of the Théâtre Capitole, in Quebec City;
- Crombie Real Estate Investment Trust, a Canadian open-ended real estate investment trust based in Toronto, as legal counsel for the province of Quebec in connection with the sale of a large portfolio of properties in several provinces, including Quebec, representing a total value of $193.3 million to Oak Street Real Estate Capital LLC., a Chicago-based private equity real estate firm;
- Legal counsels for Société québécoise des infrastructures as part of the requalification project of the Royal Victoria Hospital, in Montréal;
- Legal counsels for Québecor Média Inc. for the transfer of Videotron's s.e.n.c. real estate;
- Legal counsels to COGIR Real Estate in partnership with the Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ, as part of a real estate development project of more than $200,000,000, of a complex located at the corner of Bleury and Viger streets in Montreal, mixed-use surface property of which the main building will consist of 335 rental units, 140 condominiums and 20,000 square feet of leasable space. A 200-room hotel will bridge the tower with another five-storey building, consisting of 73,000 square feet of office space;
- Legal counsels to Sobeys Capital Incorporated in connection with a $23,000,000 plus project for the co-development of a property as a mixed residential and commercial condominium complex to include residential rental units, an IGA supermarket, and a pharmacy, located on chemin Sainte-Foy in Québec City.
- Legal counsels to Sobeys Developments Limited Partnership in a $50,000,000 co-development real estate project, a mixed residential and commercial condominium complex, including residential condominium units and an IGA supermarket, located on chemin de la Côte-Saint-Luc in Montreal;
- Legal counsels to Sobeys Developments Limited Partnership in a $125,000,000 co-development project, a mixed multi-residential and commercial condominium complex, located on Quatre-Bourgeois Road in Québec City, comprising 400 rental units and 200 condominium units and an IGA supermarket, divided co-ownership by phases;
- Legal counsels to Sobeys Developments Limited Partnership in a joint venture to develop a shopping centre in the Laurentian region;
- Legal counsels to the Société québécoise des infrastructures as part of the revitalization of part of the Quartier des spectacles in Montréal, including the long lease of the Blumenthal building located on Sainte-Catherine Street West at the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal inc., the long lease of part of the Place des Festivals in the city of Montreal and the assembly of the building, its conversion into divided co-ownership and the transfer of portions of the mixed-use renovation and extension project of the Espace Danse in the Wilder Building to house, among others, Les Grands Ballets Canadiens and Quebec government officials;
- Legal counsels for Quebec of Crombie Real Estate Investment Trust in the acquisition of a portfolio of Sobeys properties located in the Province of Quebec;
- Legal counsels for Quebec for Crombie Real Estate Investment Trust in the funding in the amount of $42,320,000 of a portfolio of properties located in the Province of Quebec;
- Legal counsels to Sun Media Corporation on the sale of its real estate assets located in Montreal, Quebec and Mirabel.
“Cas pratiques en développement à usage mixte : projet Le Beaumont en copropriété divise et projet Humaniti en propriété superficiaire”
Journée stratégique sur le développement immobilier et urbain – Open Forum, Montreal, September 17, 2018
“La vérification diligente en droit immobilier: les meilleures pratiques”
Real Estate Law – Second Seminar of Éditions Yvon Blais, Montréal and Québec City, November 2012
Speaker – as part of the BCF training program recognized by the Barreau du Québec and specially designed for in-house counsel – on the legal aspects of real estate project implementation
March 2009, March 2010 and May 2011
“Aspects pratiques d’un projet d’implantation immobilière”
Project Management Institute (PMI), Montréal, January 2009
- Vice president and member of the executive committee of the Real Property Law section of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Member of the Institut de développement urbain du Québec
- Patrice is a member of Institut de développement immobilier du Québec, an institute dedicated to the radiance of the commercial real estate industry in the Province of Québec;
- He is also involved on a pro bono basis, in a real estate development in Montréal for a non-profit organization of the theatre arts sector.