Nathalie Lavoie is a member of our Litigation and Class Action Defence groups in the Quebec City office.
For over 25 years, Nathalie has acquired experience before the courts in areas ranging from the commercial litigation and environment and disciplinary law to ethics and professional liability matters.
Nathalie has extensive litigation experience. She regularly represents and serves as advisor to a diverse clientele that includes financial institutions, professionals, directors, entrepreneurs and promoters, as well as cities and municipalities. She actively participates in professional liability lawsuits or disciplinary hearings that are brought against professionals. Nathalie's ethics and professional and disciplinary law practice have resulted in her acting as an advisor to trustees of associations and professional orders, which she represents before disciplinary committees as well as before all levels of common law court.
She also acts as an ad hoc syndic for the Barreau du Québec and advises various stakeholders working within the Barreau du Québec such as inspectors, investigators, syndics, in different areas of their activities.
In addition to lecturing in professional law at Université Laval from 2010 to 2016, Nathalie is frequently called on to appear as a guest speaker at professional and disciplinary law conferences. Nathalie has been a member of the Board of the Corporation de services du Barreau du Québec as well as the Chair of Université Laval’s Disciplinary Committee.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1987)
- LL.B., Université Laval (1986)
- Techniques de plaidoiries (Pleading techniques), Barreau du Québec (1992)
“La responsabilité des avocats”
JuriClasseur - Lexis Nexis, (2014-2015)
“Les développements récents en droit professionnel”
(2008 à 2015)
“Les écueils et les défis des promoteurs immobiliers”
Environment Law, (2013-2014)
- Acted on behalf of professional order syndics before administrative tribunals in several disciplinary complaint proceedings. Numerous mandates from the Barreau du Québec to act as ad hoc syndic;
- Make defense representations for all types of professions and in various sectors of activity: medicine, dentistry, psychology, agronomy, civil engineering, forest engineering, finance, insurance, etc.;
- Disputes between dealerships or distributors or franchisees and manufacturer (BMW, Subaru, Club Aventure, Metro);
- Acted for victims of abuse on the part of public administration or other public bodies (Ministère de l'Agriculture, Ministère de l'Environnement, Collège des médecins, , Autorité des marchés financiers, Health Canada, and many more).
Confidentiality of the trustee’s records
The environmental challenges menacing real estate developers
Is the liability of the professionals listed in Section 32 of the Professional Code greater? (land surveyors, engineers, doctors, dentists, and notaries)
- Association du Barreau canadien
- Supervision of projects to inform patients of their rights against professionals (Héma-Québec, Diabetes Québec, etc.).