Jean-François Reed joined BCF team in 2020 after working for a tax law firm for several years.
Jean-François focuses his practice in Canadian tax planning and corporate reorganization. His work involves optimizing the fiscal impact of the purchase and sale of businesses, creating incentive programs for key employees and easing the integration of the company’s succession. He also has an interest in the taxation of flow-through shares and financial products.
Jean-François is also involved in the planning and implementation of asset protection structures and the incorporation of professionals.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), specialization in taxation, HEC Montréal (2019)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2018)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), specialization in international law, Université Laval (2015)
- Asset transfer for purification of operating companies;
- Estate freeze as part of a business transfer;
- Corporate reorganization prior to a sale of assets or shares;
- Mergers of commercial groups;
- Implementation of an asset protection structure;
- Corporate reorganization as part of a financing.
- Member of the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF);
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF).