Lawyer, Patent Agent in Training
Irina Kostko is specialized in drafting and prosecution of patent applications in the fields related to electrical and mechanical engineering, as well as information technology.
Prior to attending law school, Irina was a post-doctoral researcher at École Polytechnique de Montréal and McGill University. Irina co-authored over thirty scientific publications on numerical simulations and experimental behavior of semiconductor lasers and other devices for fiber-optic communication. Irina also lectured theoretical and practical classes in fiber optics, optoelectronics, and numerical computer simulations at Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal and McGill University.
Prior to joining BCF, Irina was an articling student and then an IP lawyer at IP boutique firms.
Irina is fluent in English, French and Russian.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2014)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Université de Montréal (2013)
- PhD in Physics, Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences (2002)
- Master of Electrical Engineering (Electronics and Microelectronics), Electrotechnical University of St. Petersburg (LETI) (1999)
- Bachelor in Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Electronics and Microelectronics), Electrotechnical University of St. Petersburg (LETI) (1997)
- Barreau du Québec
- Young Bar Association
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office (OPIC)