Guy Rouleau co-leads BCF’s Business Law group and member of BCF’s Board of Directors. He specializes in business law and represents both Quebec entrepreneurs involved in domestic and foreign transactions and foreign companies doing business in Quebec.
Guy’s practice focusses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, equity raises and financings, transactions for the sale and distribution of products and transactions involving intellectual property assets. He has developed particular expertise in the information technology, engineering and professional services industries.
Guy is a long-time member and currently secretary of the Association québécoise des technologies (AQT), an association promoting the interests of the Quebec IT industry with a membership of over 500 companies and organizations. Guy sits on many of the firm’s standing committees including the Audit Committee, the Information Technology Committee, the Conflicts of Interests Committee as well as the Privacy and Data Protection Committee.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2000)
- LL.B. University of Ottawa (1995)
- B.A. Université Laval (1992)
- Represented Delta Star inc. for the acquisition of a Quebec based manufacturing facility;
- Represented the Colpron-Fiset family in a sale of a majority interest of Première Moisson to Métro inc.;
- Represented Varitron inc. in its acquisition of Altronics Manufacturing;
- Represented the seller in the sale of the assets of Integrated Packaging Films IPF Inc. to IPF Holdings Inc.;
- Represented Ivex Protective Packaging Inc. for the sale of its Creative Color Display LLC division to Interstate Containers New Castle LLC;
- Represented Groupe Emballage Spécialisé S.E.C. for the sale of its Induscorr division to Mitchel-Lincoln Packaging Limited;
- Represented Logibec inc. for the acquisition of ReaÉvolution inc.;
- Represented Logibec inc. for the acquisition of Médiamed Technologies inc.;
- Represented the institutional shareholders of Humanware Technologies inc. for the sale of a majority participation in the capital of Humanware Technologies inc. to Essilor;
- Represented Gestion AB2C inc. for the acquisition of Multiple Media inc. and Entreprise MCMM Data inc.;
- Represented Induspac RTP Inc. for the sale of its assets to Rand-Whitney Packaging Corp.;
- Represented R3D Consulting inc. for the acquisition of Solutions TI inc.;
- Represented R3D Consulting inc. for the acquisition of Groupe Informatique Techsolcom inc.;
- Represented Cegertec for the negotiation of a 50/50 joint venture with WorleyParsons to create Cegertec WorleyParsons;
- Represented BPR inc. for the acquisition of the assets of Excès inc.;
- Represented Logibec inc. for the acquisition Artefact, a division of Groupe LGS inc.;
- Represented Trudeau Corporation America Inc. for the acquisition of the assets of Wenco LLC;
- Represented Groupe Emballage Spécialisé S.E.C for the sale of its Induspac division to Emballages GAB inc.;
- Represented Integrated Research inc. for the sale of its assets to JSS Medical Research inc.
(in collaboration with Sandra Beauchesne), Capital Innovation, September 19, 2011
“Quelques aspects juridiques des transactions”
Vision PDG, Association québécoise des technologies, February 17, 2011
“Gestion des risques liés à l’impartition”
Institut Canadien, March 23, 2010
“Convention entre actionnaires à toutes les étapes de votre croissance”
Vision PDG, Association québécoise des technologies de l’information, February 22, 2010
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Association québécoise des technologies (AQT).