Charles joined the tax team in 2019 after practising tax in a large Montreal accounting firm. He completed his Master's degree in taxation and was nominated for the Research Chair in Taxation and Public Finance’s Excellence Scholarship for his master's degree essay.
Charles specializes in Canadian taxes and corporate reorganizations, both at the Canadian and cross-border level. He also handles business transfer mandates to the next generation. His hands-on approach enables him to provide customized and efficient solutions with optimized tax results. He is also completing his professional training to become a Trust and Estate Practitioner. Charles complements his expertise with estate planning mandates.
- TEP, STEP Canada, Trust and Estate practitioner (ongoing)
- M.fisc., Université de Sherbrooke, Tax Master’s Degree (2017)
- Barreau du Québec (2013)
- L.L.B, Université de Sherbrooke (2012)
Chambers and Partners, March 2021
“75% Wage Subsidy: What, Who and How, and Several Questions”
BCF Publication, April 2020
“Recruiting the Best International Talent: Tax Holiday for Foreign Researchers and Experts”
BCF Publication, February 2020
“Transmission d’une ferme familiale en héritage : stratégies de planification”
Stratège (APFF), Volume 23, Numéro 4, December 2018
- A Canadian-owned U.S. company in the manufacturing industry, in connection with its liquidation and dissolution;
- A dairy farm regarding an estate freeze in connection with a family business transfer;
- An office furniture manufacturer, regarding an estate freeze in connection with a family business transfer;
- A company in the financial industry regarding the tax structure analysis and preferred medium for business or asset purchase;
- Tax reorganization of a Canadian resident holding several properties abroad as well as several investments as part of emigration from Canada;
- Acted for taxpayers in tax administration matters before the tax authorities.
“Situation d’émigration du Canada d’un bénéficiaire/fiduciaire et enjeux fiscaux", La relève Webinar, Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF),
- Member of the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)
- Member of the Young Bar of Montréal Association
- Committee member of La Relève de l’Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)
- Board member of the Canadian Music Competition (CMC)