Alexandre McGraw practices in business law, particularly in the areas of commercial and corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and securities law at our Québec City office.
His practice includes exempt market investments, share and asset purchases and sales, and the drafting of commercial contracts and shareholders' agreements. He is also interested in issues surrounding business start-ups and assists entrepreneurs throughout this important stage. Alexandre has a keen interest in entertainment, sports, and media and has also developed particular labour and employment law expertise with our team of lawyers representing National Hockey League teams in wage and grievance arbitrations.
Alexandre is known for his dynamism and acts as an ambassador for the firm's student recruitment initiatives. In addition, he gives lectures at the law faculties of certain universities and participates in representation activities to promote the firm's various areas of expertise.
Prior to entering law school, he completed two years of studies in Health Sciences and Communications at the Université de Moncton.
- Barreau du Québec (2018)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2017)
- Faculty of Law, Université Laval - Dean’s List
" The Exempt Market: a World of Possibilities "
bcf.ca, January 22, 2019
- Acting on behalf of Hortau Inc. in an equity financing of a total amount of $7 million from its existing shareholders (Export Development Canada, FTQ, Capital Régional et Coopératif Desjardins, Fondaction and Advantage Capital);
- Participated in the National Hockey League (NHL) salary arbitration. We represent approximately 16 NHL teams;
- Acted on behalf of a private investor in connection with acquisitions of medical clinics requiring the establishment of a complex investment structure and shareholders' agreement;
- Acted on behalf of several dental practices in sales transactions to national buyers;
- Acted on behalf of real estate owners in the interpretation and exercise of rights under commercial leases;
- Counsel to the shareholders of a family-owned industrial vehicle machinery manufacturer in connection with its acquisition by a competitor for $15 million;
- Acted on behalf of a complex aerospace parts manufacturer in a $15 million equity financing with public investors;
- Acted on behalf of a purchaser of a controlling interest in a leading sports nutrition distributor;
- Acted on behalf of a biotechnology corporation in an investment involving national partners and requiring the establishment of a complex investment structure and shareholders' agreement.
- Member of the Jeune Barreau de Québec
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- Judge – OSEntreprendre Challenge (Capitale-Nationale region)
- Arbitrator in the “Hockey Arbitration Competition of Canada” a competition for sports law enthusiasts organized exclusively by law students at the University of Toronto. It simulates the salary arbitration procedures used in the National Hockey League (NHL)