- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1971)
- B.C.L., McGill University (1970)
- B.Adm., Concordia University (1967)
French version is available here.
Stephen D. Hart joined BCF in 2012.
Mr. Hart’s practice encompasses corporate and commercial law as well as tax and estate planning. He brings to the firm an extensive experience with wills and testamentary trusts, asset protection trusts, estate freezes, discretionary inter vivo trusts, rollovers, liquidations, butterfly transactions and purification of small business corporations.
Mr. Hart also advises his national and international clients on all aspects of corporate and commercial law including mergers and acquisitions of businesses, sale and purchase of assets or shares, shareholders agreements, commercial contracts, private and public financing and business reorganizations.
A prolific author, Mr. Hart has also given numerous conferences and written papers on domestic trusts and offshore asset protection trusts and other tax-related topics.
- ''Reform of Quebec Civil Code'', Canadian Bar Association, Ontario, January 1994.
- ''Reform of Quebec Civil Code'', Order of Chartered Accountants of Quebec, December 1993.
- ''Offshore Options'', C.A. Magazine, May 1993.
- ''Estate Freezes'', C.A. Magazine, October 1982.
- ''Estate Planning'', C.A. Magazine, June 1979.
- ''Company Law'', Concordia University, 1979-1980.
- ''Estate Planning'', La Revue du Barreau, March 1976.
- ''Estate Planning for Canadians'', by Jean Monet, Q.C., with the assistance of Stephen D. Hart, The MacMillan Company of Canada Limited, 1975.
- Bar of Montreal
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- ''Barbados Financial Services Conference'', Speaker, Barbados, West Indies, March 2003.
- ''Trusts - Dead or Alive? '', The Maritime Life Assurance Company, Montreal, Quebec, May 1999.
- ''Global Wealth Management - Strategies for Investing in Global Marketplace'', Federated Press, Toronto, Ontario, September 1998.
- ''How to Implement an Estate Freeze for Children and Reduce the Tax Burden and How to Give Equity to Key Employees'', Sun Life of Canada, August 1997.
- ''Domestic and International Trust Strategies for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs'', Strategy Institute, Toronto, Ontario, June 1997.
- ''Use of the Trust for Domestic Estate Planning'', 1997 Professional Development Seminar, The Jewish Community Foundation of Montreal, June 1997.
- ''Estate Planning Using Family Trust'', The Maritime Life Insurance Company, June 1996.