Called to the Barreau du Québec (2011);
LL.B., Université Laval (2009).
French version is available here.
Samuel Lajoie’s primary field of practice is business law. He advises business start-ups and negotiates and finalizes commercial transactions, including shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, real estate transactions, commercial leases and service agreements, and handles all corporate matters. As a member of the firm’s mergers and acquisitions team, Mr. Lajoie represents clients that are acquiring or selling a business. In addition, Mr. Lajoie has developed specific expertise in the incorporation of health professionals (doctors, pharmacists, chiropractors, dentists, etc.). Finally, Mr. Lajoie frequently assists clients with their bank financings and estate planning (drafting wills and setting up trusts).
Mr. Lajoie is also one of the group of lawyers who represent the teams of the National Hockey League in salary and grievance arbitrations. Additionally, Mr. Lajoie is a member of BCF’s Internet strategic team, which offers our clients legal services and advice in connection with their Internet presence. This is a continually changing environment that calls for the expertise of a multidisciplinary team like that of BCF.
Aside from his law practice, Mr. Lajoie is active in a number of community organizations, such as Pignon Bleu, a multiservice community organization working with children from 0 to 12 years of age, families, and jobless individuals in Quebec City, and with the Rouge et Or football team of Laval University, on which he played for five seasons during which the team won two Vanier Cups. He also takes part in conferences and activities that promote sports and scholastic achievement to young athletes. Finally, Mr. Lajoie is active with the Law Faculty of Laval University, assisting André Lepage with the sports law seminar.
- Association du Jeune Barreau de Québec
- "L’intéressement d’un employé-clé", Association de la construction du Québec, December 2015 ;
- "Les conventions entre actionnaires", Association de la construction du Québec, March 2014 and 2015 ;
- "Le démarrage d’entreprise", Centre de formation professionnelle de Neufchâtel, October 2014 ;
- "L’incorporation des chiropraticiens", Formation continue de chiropraticiens au Mont-Gabriel, May 2013 ;
- "L’incorporation des médecins", Faculté de Médecine de l’Université Laval, October 2013.
- Member of the organizing committee for the Pignon Bleu Christmas Basket Campaign;
- Member of the board of directors of the Nordiques Foundation;
- Member of the Rouge et Or Football Club Alumni Association;
- Member of the articling student recruitment committee of BCF.
"Legal Considerations When Creating a Mobile Application", BCF Business Law (web site), January 2016 ;
"Le droit sportif : Droit au but ! ", Le Verdict, volume 03, February 2011.