- Associate, Institute of Chartered Secretaries (2009)
- Called to the Barbados Bar (2005)
- Legal Education Certificate, Hugh Wooding Law School (2005)
- LL.B., University of the West Indies (2003)
- BBA, Florida International University (1999)
Ruan Martinez has practiced corporate and commercial law since 2005. She has represented a variety of businesses and financial institutions in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, financings, sales and purchases of businesses, business start-ups, incorporation and licensing of offshore entities in Barbados and the incorporation and licensing of mutual funds, directors of mutual funds and investment advisors. Ms. Martinez is also an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries in Toronto and acts as corporate secretary to corporations, funds, insurance companies and international banks.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries
- Barbados Bar Association