- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1976)
- LL.L. Université Laval (1974)
Pierre Lamontagne has practiced primarily business law since the beginning of his career.
He specializes in corporate governance, including matters with respect to shareholder and partner relationships. Mr. Lamontagne also has expertise in negotiating and drafting unanimous shareholder agreements and as a mediator, arbitrator and strategic adviser involved in disputes among shareholders (oppression and other remedies).
Mr. Lamontagne is also interested in business continuity and transfers (including family businesses), wealth management and succession planning (corporate restructuring, wills, trusts and mandates in the event of incapacity), as well as commercial arbitration and mediation.
- “L’arbitrage en matière civile et commerciale : aspects juridiques et réflexions pratiques”; Émilie Nadeau and Pierre Lamontagne; Canadian Bar Association, Droit des affaires : récents développements et conseils pratiques; Volume 5, Cowansville, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2009, p. 51.
- “La relève de l’entreprise et la planification successorale : gérer le risque… ou gérer la crise”, Marie-Pier Baril and Pierre Lamontagne, Droit des PME, Collection Centre d’études en droit économique (Charlaine Bouchard, Dir.), Cowansville, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2011, p. 491
Mr. Lamontagne has taught business law at the Master’s level at the Faculty of Law of Université Laval since 2004
Opéra de Québec: Member of the Board of Directors (1991-2010); Vice-President (2001-2004); President (2004-2010)
Fondation québécoise du cancer – région de Québec: ambassador since 2010
- Association de planification fiscale et financière
- Groupe Arbitrage et Mediation Thémis
- Canadian Bar Association
- Barreau du Québec
- Barreau de Québec
- Comité consultatif de la Faculté de droit de l'Université Laval
Mr. Lamontagne is regularly asked by various organizations, professional associations and corporate executives to give presentations on various topics, including the survival and transfer of businesses, alternative dispute resolution, unanimous shareholder agreements and succession planning. Over the past few years, Mr. Lamontagne has given the following talks:
- “La mediation en matière commerciale”, Formation permanente du Barreau canadien, Montreal, November 2008.
- “L’arbitrage en matière commerciale”, Conference of the Canadian Bar Association – Avocats de région, Longueuil, October 2009.
- “La relève de l’entreprise et la planification successorale : gérer le risque… ou gérer la crise”, Colloque “Droit des PME”, Université Laval, Quebec City, April 2011.